A couple of nice thing about sportlots.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwynn_fan

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Hi Guys
So I have been on sportlots.com for three months and I have averaged $80. But, then again, I haven't listed too many cards over $2. It seems like a great addition to what I make on eBay each month. And, one of the best thing is, they pay only on the first of the month, so your not nickle and dime to death by Paypal!
But, the great thing for set builders, is that the majority of the base cards are only $0.18 each and I mean set like Tribute, Museum, Triple Threads, etc.
I decided to finish my 2012 Prizm base set, because I only needed 3 cards. It cost $0.71, since one was the Ichiro. I figured since I all ready had card 50, I might as well.
Thanks for looking,
Bob

When I'm close to finishing sets,Sportlots is my go-to site for completing them. It's also great for picking up lots of lower end cards for player collections. Much better than ebay in those regards.

I use sportlots.com a great deal when I see a card I need for my sets never had a problem with them or the sellers who usually ship very fast very pleased with them
Jack

I think the search function could certainly use some work. I find it difficult sometimes to find sellers with a lot of stuff I need. If I'm looking for a number of base for sets sometimes, it involves a lot of jumping around.

I do like their box feature. It can be more time involved, especially with the Covid crap, but a lot of sellers, instead of charging $4 to ship to you, will charge .50 or something, because they're sending a larger package with multiple orders to a central location, and you can choose to hold your cards for a larger shipment.

I completed most of my Heritage SPs from Sportlots. And like Brett said, it's great for cheaper PC cards.

That's the main reason...the search function was hard to use. On comc...they only charge once for shipping......even if u buy from 20 different sellers.....But with the virus....they shipping is terrible...last order took 91 days...If their shipping gets back to normal....then I'll stick with them. Best regards, David

Last edited:
Hi
The one thing I have too have had trouble is the search function. You have to be specific! The way I have found to get around that, and something I do anyways when listing new cards is to two sportlots window open, as well as, the Beckett price guide open.
You don't have to be a member to use the price guide. I have baseball, but I still use it for the other sports to figure out what cards I have really are.
In other words, I was listing some of the Topps numbered to 150 of the 150th year of baseball. But some are 2018 and 2019, like. I have Mel Off SS6. I type Ott SS6 in Beckett search. And, get about 6 different possibilities of 2019 Topps 150th statistical season SS6. I have the one numbered to 150. I either cntl F or scrolled to print run 150. That give me what Beckett thinks the card should be called!
I then have my first sportlots page opened to add to inventory. I enter the year 2019, I select Topps as brand and baseball. Then because I a couple thousand cards listed, I have several different names for the box the card is going to i.e. I have a box called Her for Heritage, and a box for older cards called Old, ETC! The default for price is $0.18, so don't plan to list your 1987 Donruss here! I hit next and that brings up every 2019 Topps set that came out in 2019. I then cntl F to and cut and paste from Beckett and search. You won't always find it exactly the same, so you cut it down to just statistical,which highlights all the statistical in the list and find the set that way.
After, that I hit page down and insert, which brings up all the cards in the set and scroll down to Topps Statistical Season150 Anniversary SS6 Mel Ott. I enter the number I have c the card,usually 1. I then move on the row to price, which at this time says $0.18 and look at the next column that tells me how many copies of said card are already on the site.
If the number is 0, cool, nobody else has the card listed and I can change the $0.18 to whatever price i want to sale of for!
But, if there's a number showing how many have that card, I highlight the card information and go to my other opened sportlots window and paste it in hit enter. This will bring up the card and show the lowest price of the card. If you hit the plus sign, it shows the ten lowest. Then determine your asking price. If there's 1 person asking $0.18 and second lowest is a $1,I can ask $0.95, because if the $0.18 card sells, I'm next lowest.
In addition, you can put your account on vacation hold, which I did until I had over 2,000 cards listed before going live. You will want to this, as sportlots has a bizarre sliding fee schedule. The more you sale, the lower the percent of fees come out.
There are also tutorials to help you buy and sell. And, I highly recommend Mike Sommer's Waxpackheroes.com website for his blogs and podcasts where he has many interviews, including recently one with sportlots owner and also many that explain the in and outs of making money in the hobby, including several on selling on sportlo, COMC, Facebook and eBay. If you join his free site just let him know you were revered by gwynn_fan.
If you need more help, you can PM me.
Hope this helps, it could be a little confusing, because I'm writing this on my Fire at 0430 to 0530, after big to bed at 0230!

I have been using sportlots for years. Love them. Only problem I ever had was I used to sell there. Had many, many sales but left for a two week vacation. I could not figure out how to freeze my account at the time for the two weeks. Had 4 or 5 buyers that threw a fit for how long it took me and I got into trouble. So, I quit selling on there. This was years ago and I believe you can set your account to away now. Still love buying there though.

Last edited:
Hi Yes you can go into your account settings and set it to vacation hold...that's what I did for the first month listing, until I had over 1000 cards up...now in the process of listing 2012-2014 inserts and parallels of Prizm.

Hi
Been trying to list my Topps Gold cards on sportlots and the majority are like $0.30 each. But, in the 2014 Update set, found that I have the rookie and debut card's of Gerrit Cole! Checking eBay, I decided that they'd beloved there. So, the rc.is $45.00 and the Debut $25.
Today, with the 2015 Update, I found i have the Lindor RC and Trout 268, so while another batch goes to sportlots, these two will be on eBay tomorrow, because there are strange people willing to pay over $100 for a card numbered to 2015!

Nobody listens to pod casts on this site?
Bob

You’re getting individual packages from each seller directly on sportlots. If you find one seller with a lot of stuff you need it’s very effective.
Is there a cost for shipping? Thinking of getting some bowman chrome prospects.....but having 15 different sellers??

Yes, you have to be very mindful and try to find the minimum amount of sellers that have the cards you need.
Thanks for the useful information....I'll try to find the seller with the most of cards that need from the 2020 bowman chrome prospect set and buy from he or her. Sports lot has a lot more then COMC in their inventory.....and after only 2 trades on the Bench and a few free cards.....Need to get this set wantlist down. Best regards, David PS my first buy from Sports Lot and thanks to everyone for information and help!

Made my first purchase of 14 2020 Bowman Chrome Prospects from Sports Lot! From one seller who appears to have quite of bite of the bowman chrome! Cousins22 and I did get .20 credit to my account. Best regards, David

Fairly easy....typed in 2020 Bowman Chrome Prospects......pulled up a list and then I found a common seller that have quite a few low cost bowman chrome....click on his or her id on feature on the right and it pulled up all of bowman chrome prospect cards being sold by that dealer! Best regards, David

Fairly easy....typed in 2020 Bowman Chrome Prospects......pulled up a list and then I found a common seller that have quite a few low cost bowman chrome....click on his or her id on feature on the right and it pulled up all of bowman chrome prospect cards being sold by that dealer! Best regards, David
Yes, it works great for sets. It’s really tough for player collectors. I can find 100 Jerry rice cards I need but most are rare or older so they might be spread out over 50 sellers. So i can’t buy the majority of them unless i want to pay as much in shipping as the cards.

Could be the future...if topps keep lowering the number of cards in a box and then throwing in an extra auto for almost double the cost! The cards will be coming from the breaks and the people try to recover the cost of the break.