Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Legacy Member from Loudonville, New York
    Posts
    5,401
    Bench Points
    639
    Trader Rating
    5.0
    Go to collectorskip's ebay items
    #1

    No NY Penn League Season

    On July 1, 2020, it was announced that there will not be a NY-Penn League season.
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

    Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

  2. Boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Legacy Member from Loudonville, New York
    Posts
    5,401
    Bench Points
    639
    Trader Rating
    5.0
    Go to collectorskip's ebay items
    #2
    Tough break for the locals who got to see rising stars.
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

    Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

  3. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,855
    Bench Points
    1243
    Trader Rating
    5.0
    #3
    No minor league baseball of any kind this year. Definitely sad - didn't get to a lot of games, but enjoyed getting to a couple each summer.

    On the plus side, we are playing baseball here (at least for right now). We spent the 4th of July weekend down in Aberdeen, MD playing a 3 day tourney at the Cal Ripken Experience -- had an absolutely amazing time!! We got to play two games on Cal Sr. Field, which might as well be a minor league park!
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

  4. Boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Legacy Member from Loudonville, New York
    Posts
    5,401
    Bench Points
    639
    Trader Rating
    5.0
    Go to collectorskip's ebay items
    #4
    While I understand, it's tough on small towns where these games provide a sense of community and entertainment. Our local team, Tri-City Valley Cats, is a farm team of the Astros, so we've seen several future pros come through. We've also got a very nice stadium, with great food and very family friendly atmosphere.
    Sorry to see it on (hopefully, only) hiatus.
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

    Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

  5. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,855
    Bench Points
    1243
    Trader Rating
    5.0
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    While I understand, it's tough on small towns where these games provide a sense of community and entertainment. Our local team, Tri-City Valley Cats, is a farm team of the Astros, so we've seen several future pros come through. We've also got a very nice stadium, with great food and very family friendly atmosphere.
    Sorry to see it on (hopefully, only) hiatus.
    i concur with that statement -- definitely more of a family atmosphere in the minor leagues. Our local squads are the Harrisburg Senators (Double A affiliate of the Nats) and the York Revolution, an independent league team - so no major league affiliation, but ex major leaguers will come through town every now and than.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

  6. greatdadx2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Jacinto, Ca.
    Posts
    14,947
    Bench Points
    2346
    Trader Rating
    5.0
    #6
    Going to miss the Inland Empire 66ers games (single A for the LAA)......Had tickets to every Sunday home game....hopefully next season......Minor league games are a great time for little $$

  7. ripahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    711
    Bench Points
    135
    Trader Rating
    5.0
    Go to phoenixrises33's ebay items
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    No minor league baseball of any kind this year. Definitely sad - didn't get to a lot of games, but enjoyed getting to a couple each summer.

    On the plus side, we are playing baseball here (at least for right now). We spent the 4th of July weekend down in Aberdeen, MD playing a 3 day tourney at the Cal Ripken Experience -- had an absolutely amazing time!! We got to play two games on Cal Sr. Field, which might as well be a minor league park!
    Took teams to Ripkens Aberdeen and Myrtle. If you have no been to SC, you need to get a team there. If you had a blast in Abdeeen, SC is like a Disney experience. May I ask what team are you associated with, assuming your watching a travel tournament.
    Please continue to visit my pages. They are dynamically changes showing my current needs and my current cards available. The program used interfaces with the Baseball Card Inventory (for needs) and SportLots for cards available.
    ----> HIT HERE TO VISIT MY TRADERS AND NEEDS SITE

  8. RoyHobbs9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Ovid, NY
    Posts
    98
    Bench Points
    3
    Trader Rating
    0
    #8
    I used to enjoy going to Batavia and Auburn to watch the NY-P games! It was minor league baseball at its finest and purest form! This is what baseball is about-starting in a small town and ultimately hitting the big time!
    Keeping the hobby fun!

  9. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,855
    Bench Points
    1243
    Trader Rating
    5.0
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ripahl View Post
    Took teams to Ripkens Aberdeen and Myrtle. If you have no been to SC, you need to get a team there. If you had a blast in Abdeeen, SC is like a Disney experience. May I ask what team are you associated with, assuming your watching a travel tournament.
    Have heard that both the Myrtle facility and the Pigeon Forge facilities for Ripken are amazing. Maybe at some point in the future we would be able to get to one of the other facilities. Something to be said though for only having an hour or so drive to get to the final destination.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •