Liquidating in 2020 - are you downsizing or upsizing right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beachbum

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I have sold almost 20,000 cards, years ranging 1981-2002, in the last 3 months for a grand total of $83 in 4 separate monster boxes. It kinda feels good. LOL

Brian, it is a GREAT feeling to get stuff sold! if you have some nice clean toploaders and penny sleeves, I'm glad to buy those off of you, I need about 20 of each, just let me know, thanks!

I've been spending my time organizing, have 20K non-base cataloged in my spreadsheet and have a lot more to go. Been finding some fun cards through the process, including a Trout Topps Chrome Variation Refractor

Brian, it is a GREAT feeling to get stuff sold! if you have some nice clean toploaders and penny sleeves, I'm glad to buy those off of you, I need about 20 of each, just let me know, thanks!

I will look, how clean? LOL Penny sleeves no problem.

I've been spending my time organizing, have 20K non-base cataloged in my spreadsheet and have a lot more to go. Been finding some fun cards through the process, including a Trout Topps Chrome Variation Refractor

WOWZER, that is worth organizing for . LOL

I will look, how clean? LOL Penny sleeves no problem.

WOWZER, that is worth organizing for . LOL

GEM MT +!! Kidding, anything presentable, not a lot of scratches, no tape, yellowing, etc. Also looking for a couple 3x5 toploaders if you have them? I know that I can buy these off Amazon, but would much rather buy from friends on here, keep the money on the Bench!!

Blessings,

Kevin

Last edited:
Well this week I traded approximately 80 cards to some bum on the beach in Florida for 2 cards so I guess I am downsizing! LOL

Because of some massive trades locally this year, I am probably downsizing a little. I have made a bunch of trades with a guy here who has traded me some really nice vintage for unopened material from the mid 80s. Since each unopened box has more than 500 cards, I have definately downsized this year.

But I have had a couple of people who just give me their unwanted cards instad of throwing them away. And these cards may not be 52 high numbers but a lot of them are not junk by any means. Being a set builder there are a lot of cards that are useful to me. And at that price I can always throw them away if I want.

I only buy cards in large quantities (ie collections) that people dump or in smaller lots here on The Bench if something catches my eye. So with all the cards coming *** going, I'd say I am downsizing ever so slightly.

Trying to downsize....have sold hundreds of cards on ebay this year, and it still doesn't look I have made a dent in the stacks.

Haven't bought anything new since 2020 Series I. Based on current costs, I may not be buying boxes to break anymore, may just be buying completed sets. Save me a ton of $$$ and not have any extra cards laying around taking up space.

Downsizing and will be more selective on what I buy. Have gone thru my trade list for what I want, now will give it a few weeks and give them a fresh look before I discard them and end up with no trade lists.

Well this week I traded approximately 80 cards to some bum on the beach in Florida for 2 cards so I guess I am downsizing! LOL

Because of some massive trades locally this year, I am probably downsizing a little. I have made a bunch of trades with a guy here who has traded me some really nice vintage for unopened material from the mid 80s. Since each unopened box has more than 500 cards, I have definately downsized this year.

But I have had a couple of people who just give me their unwanted cards instad of throwing them away. And these cards may not be 52 high numbers but a lot of them are not junk by any means. Being a set builder there are a lot of cards that are useful to me. And at that price I can always throw them away if I want.

I only buy cards in large quantities (ie collections) that people dump or in smaller lots here on The Bench if something catches my eye. So with all the cards coming *** going, I'd say I am downsizing ever so slightly.

Lol Jeff

GEM MT +!! Kidding, anything presentable, not a lot of scratches, no tape, yellowing, etc. Also looking for a couple 3x5 toploaders if you have them? I know that I can buy these off Amazon, but would much rather buy from friends on here, keep the money on the Bench!!

Blessings,

Kevin

Kevin I have so much boxed up right now you will want to look elsewhere, sorry I can't help. Hit Chief up!

Kevin I have so much boxed up right now you will want to look elsewhere, sorry I can't help. Hit Chief up!

No worries my friend, I will do just that! We lived out of boxes during our 3 moves in less than 1 year back in 2007, I get it, believe me!!

Blessings,

Kevin