Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Downsizing and will be more selective on what I buy. Have gone thru my trade list for what I want, now will give it a few weeks and give them a fresh look before I discard them and end up with no trade lists.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    Well this week I traded approximately 80 cards to some bum on the beach in Florida for 2 cards so I guess I am downsizing! LOL

Because of some massive trades locally this year, I am probably downsizing a little. I have made a bunch of trades with a guy here who has traded me some really nice vintage for unopened material from the mid 80s. Since each unopened box has more than 500 cards, I have definately downsized this year.

But I have had a couple of people who just give me their unwanted cards instad of throwing them away. And these cards may not be 52 high numbers but a lot of them are not junk by any means. Being a set builder there are a lot of cards that are useful to me. And at that price I can always throw them away if I want.

I only buy cards in large quantities (ie collections) that people dump or in smaller lots here on The Bench if something catches my eye. So with all the cards coming nad going, I'd say I am downsizing ever so slightly.
    Lol Jeff
    My trade page

My Bucket (Note: Not everything here is for trade, just ask)

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLJ520 View Post
    GEM MT +!! Kidding, anything presentable, not a lot of scratches, no tape, yellowing, etc. Also looking for a couple 3x5 toploaders if you have them? I know that I can buy these off Amazon, but would much rather buy from friends on here, keep the money on the Bench!!

Blessings,

Kevin
    Kevin I have so much boxed up right now you will want to look elsewhere, sorry I can't help. Hit Chief up!
    My trade page

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Also downsizing....as the cost of products seems to be going up...up Best regards, David
    Yeah David it's getting ridiculous in 2020, the shopping cart resellers really annoy me.
    My trade page

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachbum View Post
    Kevin I have so much boxed up right now you will want to look elsewhere, sorry I can't help. Hit Chief up!
    No worries my friend, I will do just that! We lived out of boxes during our 3 moves in less than 1 year back in 2007, I get it, believe me!!

Blessings,

Kevin
    "For nothing will be impossible for God" ~ Luke 1:37

Check out my Custom Autograph Cards! http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showt...sic-Bench-back

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    It looks like the trend here is definately downsizing which is not surprisng since this is pretty much an older guy's hobby.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    It looks like the trend here is definately downsizing which is not surprisng since this is pretty much an older guy's hobby.
    Jeff, I am officially out of wall space, so am looking to slowly downsize as well! I dont store anything in books or binders anymore, so am needing to be choosy with what i create and send out, and have replaced some items with others, upgraded to nicer quality photos, etc.

The beauty of the Bench is that when I have surplus, I can give items away on here to new homes where they will be appreciated!

Blessings,

Kevin

Check out my Custom Autograph Cards! http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showt...sic-Bench-back

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items
    Down from 250,000 cards down to about 45,000.....Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. No Longer buying...only trading at this time!

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items
    I'm one of the down sizing and I'm retired.....Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. No Longer buying...only trading at this time!

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Jerry Rice

Go to cjay101's ebay items
    Go to cjay101's comc items
    I buy modern year stuff but otherwise have been trimming quantity for quality the last few years
    Senior Advisor in Title Only

I collect anything and everything Jerry Rice! Always looking for any I don't have!

My Wantlist

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    I guess I am in the minority. My collection continues to grow. Picked up some 1974 Kellogg's over the weekend. Got a bunch of stuff in the mail when I got home today. I did get rid of a bunch of doubles a little over a year ago. Sold about 150,000 cards for pennies on the dollar. But they went to a guy and his son so I was real happy with that sale. I sold all of them for 75.00 and even delivered them to his house. But I continue to pick up cards I think people on here can use. Most of the time it works out because I have a pretty good idea what some people are looking for. But sometimes it doesn't. I am getting ready to move into a bigger house in Ohio so I will have even more room now. One thing I would like to do is maybe have a trade night at my house with some members in the Ohio area. Does anybody think I should start a thread and ask if anybody would be interested? I know it may be tough with the Covid but I was thinking about sometime in the future.

Thanks,

Bryon
    1975 Tops Minis 87% complete
    1972 Topps 97% complete
    1971 Topps 90% complete
    1960 Topps 87% complete

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by mm1sub View Post
    I guess I am in the minority. My collection continues to grow. Picked up some 1974 Kellogg's over the weekend. Got a bunch of stuff in the mail when I got home today. I did get rid of a bunch of doubles a little over a year ago. Sold about 150,000 cards for pennies on the dollar. But they went to a guy and his son so I was real happy with that sale. I sold all of them for 75.00 and even delivered them to his house. But I continue to pick up cards I think people on here can use. Most of the time it works out because I have a pretty good idea what some people are looking for. But sometimes it doesn't. I am getting ready to move into a bigger house in Ohio so I will have even more room now. One thing I would like to do is maybe have a trade night at my house with some members in the Ohio area. Does anybody think I should start a thread and ask if anybody would be interested? I know it may be tough with the Covid but I was thinking about sometime in the future.

Thanks,

Bryon
    Thats a great idea Bryon, Im originally from Dayton, OH and there is a lot of collectors and good card shows there. Where I am now is terrible, walmart is the LCS.
    My trade page

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to Scobes's ebay items
    Go to Scobes's comc items

Thanks,

Bryon
    Bryon -

If I were in your area, I'd come to your trade night. I've given thought to doing that in the Raleigh area too. Maybe we can have a yearly Bench convention, where we can gather in an area, trade, go buy cards, and go to a baseball game or two. Good luck in your new house!

Scobes
    TRADELIST https://sites.google.com/site/scobestraders/home
    Wantlist https://sites.google.com/site/scobes...baseball-wants
    Baseball - Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens, Phillies (in PHI uniform)
    Hockey - Valeri Kamensky, Chris Bala, Patrick Rissmiller, Bob Kudelski, & Autos/#ed/Base cards of Flyers (in PHI uniform)
    Football- Philadelphia Eagles Autographs
    Golf - Tiger Woods

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by Scobes View Post
    Bryon -

If I were in your area, I'd come to your trade night. I've given thought to doing that in the Raleigh area too. Maybe we can have a yearly Bench convention, where we can gather in an area, trade, go buy cards, and go to a baseball game or two. Good luck in your new house!

Scobes
    I love that idea!

Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Thanks,

Bryon
    Bryon - A local trade night is a great idea. I've often thought about trying to get a few Benchies together in my NJ area. Or even just meet up midway with another trader. I did join a local group a number of years ago that traded pocket schedules. I had just started collecting so they gave me a few to grow my collection. It was fun so I started writing to MLB teams and getting schedules, postcards and various giveaways.
    As for downsizing, I started back about 20 years ago when I realized that I had bought a lot of junk wax cards from the 80's that nobody wanted and they were taking up a lot of space. So I boxed up thousands of cards and donated them to United Way. But that didn't stop me from accumulating more cards. LOL So a few years ago I found a dealer at a card show in North Jersey that bought those big 5K boxes. Sold him a few until recently I learned that he sold all of his inventory and got out of the business. I haven't been to a show since early this year but what I noticed that the busiest dealers (excluding vintage cards) where the ones selling cards in dime boxes. Now I'm looking at selling locally on Craigslist and local bulletin boards.

Priority is 1. Mickey Mantle PC, 2. Vintage 3. NY Yankees (Topps Only)

4. Mantle, Mays, Clemente, Aaron or Ryan Topps Finest or Chrome reprints
    5. Topps RCs or reprints 6. Topps Reprints Original Backs
    Please contact with trade and want lists