August Show Off Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Love the Stephen Root! A couple of pick ups this month; the Historic Homes makes for #4.......

august

And another fun mailday...

2020cal2.jpeg

2020 Topps Tribute TTR-CRJ Triple Relics #82/150

2020cal3.jpeg

2020 Topps Tribute DR-MR Dual Relic Purple Murray/Ripken #30/50

2020cal4.jpeg

2020 Topps Tribute Auto TA-CRJ #11/40

I think I just went through six months of my card budget.

Finally found some 2020 Topps Chrome. Pulled these

Luis Robert base RC

Kyle Lewis Refractor Auto #/499

Redemption card for a blue wave refractor auto of Bo Bichette

Thanks,
Dennis

Finally found some 2020 Topps Chrome. Pulled these

Luis Robert base RC

Kyle Lewis Refractor Auto #/499

Redemption card for a blue wave refractor auto of Bo Bichette

Thanks,
Dennis
I can't even find any retail of this stuff...opened two hobby boxes and no base Roberts.....but everyone is pulling them left and right. Best regards, David

David

This is the first time I have seen any of it available. Hoping to pick up for more packs with the pink Refractors in them.

Thanks,
Dennis

The Lewis and Robert were from the packs with the Pinkk Refractors and the redemption came out of a blaster box.

Thanks,
Dennis

Opened up 10 more packs with the pink Refractors in them, hit two more Robert base rc's and a Pink Robert RC.

Thanks,
Dennis

A couple more from the local card show today; both set fillers...........Concentrated on the vintage instead of the new stuff...........BTW, some of the local dealers were selling Topps Chrome blasters for $35 and the hanger packs for $25...............Stayed away from those people.........They basically swoop in, buy all the stuff, and mark it up............Losers in my opinion, chasing the almighty cash............These are the people keeping product away from you, at the retail level anyway...........

august01

.Concentrated on the vintage instead of the new stuff.........

august01

WOW! Very nice cards!!! If those look as nice in person as they do in the scans those are some really, really nice items.

With great cards like those available I just don't understand the frenzy over the high priced, high risk new issues.

WOW! Very nice cards!!! If those look as nice in person as they do in the scans those are some really, really nice items.

With great cards like those available I just don't understand the frenzy over the high priced, high risk new issues.

Totally agree.

I can’t post pics, but picked up a complete 1968 Topps Football poster set (plus extras and in fantastic condition, a complete set of 1970 Topps baseball posters, and a few vintage non sport items, too.

Totally agree.

I can’t post pics, but picked up a complete 1968 Topps Football poster set (plus extras and in fantastic condition, a complete set of 1970 Topps baseball posters, and a few vintage non sport items, too.

I'm in the same boat as you in not being able to post pictures. I'd love to but I don't have the know-how and probably not the right equipment.

That being said, those poster sets are awesome collectibles and EXTREMELY underpriced. I think the two nicest looking issues that Topps ever put out were the 1967 Baseball posters and the 1968 football posters. They are just a great looking set.

I completed the regular 1970 Topps Baseball set years before I finished that poster set. I needed the McCovey for years and finally got one here in a trade. Talk about the cart before the horse, I'm not sure how I completed the regular set before the poster set!?!?!

That 1968 Topps Poster set only has 16 cards buut 9 of them are Hall of Famers!! The odddest card in the set is Brad Hubbert who was seemingly a one year wonder of sorts. He only had 3 cards made of him......the 68 poster, 1968 Topps and 1969 Glendale stamps. He was 1st team All AFL in 1967 but then pretty much did not do much the next three years and he was gone. Very strange. I can't find much about him online but iI'll need to look further to see what the story was on this very obscure player. I do not remember him at all and I am pretty knowledgeable to pro football players of that era.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as you in not being able to post pictures. I'd love to but I don't have the know-how and probably not the right equipment.

That being said, those poster sets are awesome collectibles and EXTREMELY underpriced. I think the two nicest looking issues that Topps ever put out were the 1967 Baseball posters and the 1968 football posters. They are just a great looking set.

I completed the regular 1970 Topps Baseball set years before I finished that poster set. I needed the McCovey for years and finally got one here in a trade. Talk about the cart before the horse, I'm not sure how I completed the regular set before the poster set!?!?!

That 1968 Topps Poster set only has 16 cards buut 9 of them are Hall of Famers!! The odddest card in the set is Brad Hubbert who was seemingly a one year wonder of sorts. He only had 3 cards made of him......the 68 poster, 1968 Topps and 1969 Glendale stamps. He was 1st team All AFL in 1967 but then pretty much did not do much the next three years and he was gone. Very strange. I can't find much about him online but iI'll need to look further to see what the story was on this very obscure player. I do not remember him at all and I am pretty knowledgeable to pro football players of that era.

Very interesting story on Hubbert. After your reply, I decided to double check and with the extras I got, there are actually 2 complete sets, but sadly the 2nd Unitas was thumb tacked on someones wall.

Very interesting story on Hubbert. After your reply, I decided to double check and with the extras I got, there are actually 2 complete sets, but sadly the 2nd Unitas was thumb tacked on someones wall.

I'd say the good news outweighs the bad news on that. If you are interested in replacing the Unitas LMK and I'll see if I have an extra one.