💥 Break Complete! 2021 Topps Pro Debut Random Pack (or Pack Wars) Style Group Box Break

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
The Hits:

133D5EBA-9A61-4D74-9994-4E16BE4ECE75.jpeg
0F726BC5-7067-45FA-AEDF-AD57AC4475B7.jpeg
93079590-CB00-4CD7-BB75-1305BAF0BB9C.jpeg
206E6439-638E-4349-BA4E-D417CB483B77.jpeg

Live Link to the box break:

Anybody interested in trying a RANDOM PACK STYLE group box break for ONE HOBBY BOX of 2021 TOPPS PRO DEBUT BASEBALL?

Box configuration:

-24 packs per box
-8 cards per pack
-4 Autograph or Relic Cards per box

Product Information:

Here is how this break will work. There are 24 spots and the price is $8 for the first spot and $4 for each additional spot. Each spot gets you ONE RANDOM PACK and all of the cards in that pack! I will straight fill the list as people sign up and then we will roll the dice and randomize to see who gets what pack.

PACK WARS?!?! DAVID HAD SUGGESTED MAYBE TRYING A PACK WARS STYLE BREAK. IF ANYBODY IS INTERESTED IN DOING A PACK WARS STYLE BREAK WE CAN MODIFY THIS BREAK TO TRY IT, OR IF THERE ARE A FEW WHO ARE INTERESTED WE CAN DO SOME SIDE PACK WARS WITH YOUR PACKS WITH SOMETHING LIKE LOWEST SERIAL NUMBER OR LOWEST CARD NUMBER TAKING ALL OF THE CARDS IN BOTH PACKS. MAYBE WE COULD SET IT SO THAT A HIT (AUTO OR RELIC) IS AN AUTOMATIC WIN UNLESS UP AGAINST ANOTHER HIT THEN LOWEST SERIAL OR CARD NUMBER WOULD WIN BOTH. SOUNDED KIND OF FUN TO ME. OPEN TO ANY IDEAS.

After you sign up I will add this to the Trade Manager along with my PayPal address.

This box has been ordered and is on the way!

Please let me know if anybody has any questions.

1. LarryG PAID
2. LarryG PAID
3. LarryG PAID
4. LarryG PAID
5. dragonslayer913
6. dragonslayer913
7. dragonslayer913
8. dragonslayer913
9. criollos PAID
10. criollos PAID
11. criollos PAID
12. criollos PAID
13. grapler135s PAID
14. grapler135s PAID
15. grapler135s PAID
16. grapler135s PAID
17. dragonslayer913
18. dragonslayer913
19. dragonslayer913
20. dragonslayer913
21. dragonslayer913
22. dragonslayer913
23. dragonslayer913
24. dragonslayer913

Last edited:

LarryG

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hi Mike, I am interested in this product. I'll take 4 slots if that's OK. I will leave it up to you and others to decide if you want to do a pack wars type event.

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Hi Mike, I am interested in this product. I'll take 4 slots if that's OK. I will leave it up to you and others to decide if you want to do a pack wars type event.
Thanks Larry I have you down for the 4 spots. Sounds great we’ll see how the majority wants to do this one.

Mike

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I'll take 4 spots and of course I am all in on a pack wars

Most pack wars are lowest number to the left of the slash so a 35/60 wins against a 40/50
Thanks David got you down for 4 spots. I’ll likely grab a few spots too to do some pack wars with you guys. Sounds like fun!

Mike

criollos

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I don’t know how this is played, but I’m of the opinion that the lower denominator should win in a pack war. A card #’ed/10 should beat a card #’ed/99 every time.

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Totally open to what everyone wants to do and what would be fair and fun! This seemed like a nice low price product to try something like this on.

Mike

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Here is what I was thinking could be a fun way to do the pack wars style break. Please let me know what everybody thinks.

I was planning to randomize the list of names and people would get whatever number packs their name lands on. To make it simple I was thinking it would just be pack 1 vs pack 2, pack 3 vs pack 4, etc. Obviously if you had both of the packs going head to head you would get all of the cards. For the head to head matchups between 2 members I was thinking of using these criteria to determine who wins the pack war and would therefore get all of the cards from both of the packs:

1. A hit (either an auto and/or relic) is an automatic win regardless of card number.

2. If two packs going head to head each contain a hit it is considered a tie and each person gets to keep all cards from their pack.

3. For packs not containing a hit, the order would be serial numbered cards (lower denominator is the tie breaker so /5 would beat /10, etc.), insert cards (lowest card number or letter is the tie breaker so number 2 beats number 5, letter A beats letter S, etc.), then base cards (lower card number is the tie breaker so card 7 beats card 12, etc.).

For example, for the first pack war between pack 1 and pack 2, if pack 1 contained a serial numbered card and pack 2 contained only base cards pack 1 would win and the member who had pack 1 would get all cards from packs 1 and 2.

Another example, if packs 9 and 10 go head to head and pack 9 contains an insert card #MJ7 and pack 10 contains an insert card #TG5, we would use the last digit of the card number and pack 10 would win the pack with 5 being lower than 7, and the member who had pack 10 would get all cards from packs 9 and 10.

These are just suggestions. Open to doing this however everybody thinks would be fun and fair. Let’s discuss and set the guidelines beforehand so we are all on the same page.

Let me know what you guys think.

Mike

LarryG

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Here is what I was thinking could be a fun way to do the pack wars style break. Please let me know what everybody thinks.

I was planning to randomize the list of names and people would get whatever number packs their name lands on. To make it simple I was thinking it would just be pack 1 vs pack 2, pack 3 vs pack 4, etc. Obviously if you had both of the packs going head to head you would get all of the cards. For the head to head matchups between 2 members I was thinking of using these criteria to determine who wins the pack war and would therefore get all of the cards from both of the packs:

1. A hit (either an auto and/or relic) is an automatic win regardless of card number.

2. If two packs going head to head each contain a hit it is considered a tie and each person gets to keep all cards from their pack.

3. For packs not containing a hit, the order would be serial numbered cards (lower denominator is the tie breaker so /5 would beat /10, etc.), insert cards (lowest card number or letter is the tie breaker so number 2 beats number 5, letter A beats letter S, etc.), then base cards (lower card number is the tie breaker so card 7 beats card 12, etc.).

For example, for the first pack war between pack 1 and pack 2, if pack 1 contained a serial numbered card and pack 2 contained only base cards pack 1 would win and the member who had pack 1 would get all cards from packs 1 and 2.

Another example, if packs 9 and 10 go head to head and pack 9 contains an insert card #MJ7 and pack 10 contains an insert card #TG5, we would use the last digit of the card number and pack 10 would win the pack with 5 being lower than 7, and the member who had pack 10 would get all cards from packs 9 and 10.

These are just suggestions. Open to doing this however everybody thinks would be fun and fair. Let’s discuss and set the guidelines beforehand so we are all on the same page.

Let me know what you guys think.

Mike
I'm game for what you describe. One question: What if there is a #/150, for example, in each pack of a war? Would it be a tie and both members keep their cards, or is there a tie-breaker? Just trying to foresee some events before they happen.

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I'm game for what you describe. One question: What if there is a #/150, for example, in each pack of a war? Would it be a tie and both members keep their cards, or is there a tie-breaker? Just trying to foresee some events before they happen.
Maybe use the numerator as the tie breaker in that case, so 1/150 would beat 75/150?

criollos

MVP
5.00 star(s)
uh nope nope in every pack wars posted on YouTube the number to the left of the / is used so a 4/25 beats a 5/10 every time

The basic concept of a “Pack War” is for the best card pulled from the packs competing wins the war. Without a doubt, a card #’ed 09/10 is a better pull than a card #’ed 05/99. Just because everyone does it “wrong” on YouTube you don’t have to do continue doing it that same way. Ultimately you can make the Pack War Winner whatever you want. The tallest player in the packs, the oldest, the heaviest, etc. I have seen those Pack Wars on YouTube, but those are not my cards. It just wouldn’t feel good to me to pull a 4/5 card and end up losing to a 003/150 card. It just doesn’t feel right to me. But whatever, it’s just my opinion…,which is what I stated when I brought this topic up.

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I’ve seen it done a few different ways too so hopefully there is a set of criteria that we can all agree on to make it a fun and fair pack wars style break. We can always just keep this break as a random pack break too if we can’t come to an agreement on pack war rules.

And of course, if anybody decides to back out of this one that is fine too.

Mike

Last edited:

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
The basic concept of a “Pack War” is for the best card pulled from the packs competing wins the war. Without a doubt, a card #’ed 09/10 is a better pull than a card #’ed 05/99. Just because everyone does it “wrong” on YouTube you don’t have to do continue doing it that same way. Ultimately you can make the Pack War Winner whatever you want. The tallest player in the packs, the oldest, the heaviest, etc. I have seen those Pack Wars on YouTube, but those are not my cards. It just wouldn’t feel good to me to pull a 4/5 card and end up losing to a 003/150 card. It just doesn’t feel right to me. But whatever, it’s just my opinion…,which is what I stated when I brought this topic up.
Every pack wars on YouTube is wrong according to Luis interesting very interesting in deed

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
If everybody is on live when we break (and we can make sure it is a day and time that works for all) we can always rotate the criteria each round…take turns picking what will win the pack war each time I have no problem doing something like that.

Can be highest number, lowest number, numerator, denominator, etc.

Just meant to be something fun and different.

Mike