💥 Break Complete! 2021 Topps Pro Debut Random Pack (or Pack Wars) Style Group Box Break

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Let's come up with something completely different then open to any ideas like pack v pack lowest number card moves on serial number /auto / game-used automatic win and moves onto next round wereas highest card number moves on serial number / auro / game-used automatic win moves on to next round until there are 2 packs left do a high/ow card number say if player has card 3 and 245 and the other has 5 and 235 player 1 wins but if player 1 has 5 and 240 and player 2 has 4 and 225 then it comes down to next lowest card number takes it.

Since I have the most packs whereas everyone else has 4 packs and I have 12 I'll select my 4 packs for the pack wars
and Mike can open my other packs live those cards won't be involved

criollos

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Every pack wars on YouTube is wrong according to Luis interesting very interesting in deed
You can set up the parameters for a Pack War anyway you want. If we are going by “best” card wins the war, I don’t understand how a 003/150 beats a 4/5. If it makes sense to you, fine. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
You can set up the parameters for a Pack War anyway you want. If we are going by “best” card wins the war, I don’t understand how a 003/150 beats a 4/5. If it makes sense to you, fine. It just doesn’t make sense to me.
Everyone who gets into those type of pack wars agrees to the terms don.t like the rules move on

Actually Its Mikes break he needs to set the ground rules if you don't like the rules he sets forth you don't have to play
but seems as long as Luis is happy with the rules then its all good

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
If everybody is on live when we break (and we can make sure it is a day and time that works for all) we can always rotate the criteria each round…take turns picking what will win the pack war each time I have no problem doing something like that.

Can be highest number, lowest number, numerator, denominator, etc.

Just meant to be something fun and different.

Mike
Mike its your break you need to set the rules Best,David

criollos

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Everyone who gets into those type of pack wars agrees to the terms don.t like the rules move on

Actually Its Mikes break he needs to set the ground rules if you don't like the rules he sets forth you don't have to play
but seems as long as Luis is happy with the rules then its all good
Exactly! Whoever doesn’t like the rules can move on and not participate. Regardless of the rules set for this break, I may not participate in the Pack Wars. Not a big fan of them anyway.

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Absolutely fine doing some pack wars and some random packs.

So if Luis does random packs it would just be me, David and Larry in the pack wars. I am fine doing the pack wars however you and Larry would like to do them David. If you would like to simplify and do hits win the packs, then serial numbered card (lowest numerator is fine), and then lowest number insert or base card that works. @LarryG and @dragonslayer913 you guys let me know and we can plan on doing the break.

Box should be here tomorrow so we can plan to break it sometime this weekend.

Mike

LarryG

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I'm cool with anything honestly. I am game for pack wars however it is done or would be fine with just taking the packs.
I like the rules Mike laid out and am perfectly happy with either numerator or denominator as the winning factor. (Thanks for bringing me back to middle school math!). I see how lowest numerator adds a bit of fun to the game and it creates a more level playing field. I'm good to go with it, but am up for anything with this.

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Why don't we do this way every one puts up 2 packs Mike opens up the first pack of each player who ever has lowest card number wins any serial numbered card / auto / game-used is an automatic win if two people pull a serial numbered card the lowest total of the serial numbered so for example 7/10 is 17 whereas a 3/20 is 25 so the 7/10 takes it an auto wins over anything a game-used cards would win depending on who the player is if its serial numbered wins against a base serial numbered card as long as the serial numbered card isn't lower than /25 in which that card wins unless the game-used is of a top minor league player we'll use the Baseball America Pipeline to determine if that player wins against a base serial numbered card that round and gets all the cards for round 1 next round but its high number takes it and same thing applies like round 1 but serial numbered card we can add the serial numbered so for example 8/20+28 whereas a 5/20=20 since 28 is higher than 20 the 8/20 claims victory and we can add more packs in I'm willing to put up 4 packs for pack wars-Now how will Mike determine who gets what packs I've seen it done left side 1st stack first pack is 1 next pack down is 2 and so on Mike would need to randomize each player top spot is 1 and Mike would open that pack first and so on its a lot easier than how I explained it lol

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Why don't we do this way every one puts up 2 packs Mike opens up the first pack of each player who ever has lowest card number wins any serial numbered card / auto / game-used is an automatic win if two people pull a serial numbered card the lowest total of the serial numbered so for example 7/10 is 17 whereas a 3/20 is 25 so the 7/10 takes it an auto wins over anything a game-used cards would win depending on who the player is if its serial numbered wins against a base serial numbered card as long as the serial numbered card isn't lower than /25 in which that card wins unless the game-used is of a top minor league player we'll use the Baseball America Pipeline to determine if that player wins against a base serial numbered card that round and gets all the cards for round 1 next round but its high number takes it and same thing applies like round 1 but serial numbered card we can add the serial numbered so for example 8/20+28 whereas a 5/20=20 since 28 is higher than 20 the 8/20 claims victory and we can add more packs in I'm willing to put up 4 packs for pack wars-Now how will Mike determine who gets what packs I've seen it done left side 1st stack first pack is 1 next pack down is 2 and so on Mike would need to randomize each player top spot is 1 and Mike would open that pack first and so on its a lot easier than how I explained it lol
I think that sounds fine. We can do this for 4 packs each for you me and Larry. What I can do is randomize all of the packs to everybody in the break, cards from Luis’ random packs will all go to him. First 4 packs for you David will be put in for the pack wars against my 4 packs and Larry’s 4 packs. We will open each of our first packs (me, David and Larry) and the winner will keep all cards from all 3 packs. We will do this for four rounds since each of us have at least 4 packs. David your remaining packs will be opened and the cards from those packs will be shipped to you. The winner of the pack wars will be determined based on the following criteria:

1) Autograph card is an automatic winner. Two autographs is a push each person keeps their cards from their packs and splits the cards from the third person’s pack.

2) GU card would be next best card and beats everything but an autograph. Two game used cards are a push and we can treat similar to the push autograph described above.

3) Serial numbered cards are next best and we will use David’s suggestion of lowest combined serial number for first round so 5/10 would be 15 and would beat 7/21 which would be 28. We will switch to highest combined serial number total for second round so 7/21 would be 28 and would beat 5/10 which would be 15. Round 3 switches back to lowest combined total and round 4 back to highest combined total.

4) Insert cards are next best beating base cards and will follow the same lowest or highest number per round for the tie breaker to determine the winner.

5) Base cards are next and will follow the same lowest or highest number per round for the tie breaker to determine the winner.

Hope that makes sense…please let me know if there are any questions. We’ll see how this goes!

Mike

LarryG

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I'm fine with the rules Mike. I may not make the live break, but will catch the video later tonight or early tomorrow if miss it live. I am sure it will be fun.