1969 topps deckle edge : 1 set plus some lots & singles still available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcjr99

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
still working on 4 sets of 1969 topps deckle...so far i've completed 3 including the jim wynn and joe foy sp's ....

set 4 still lacks foy , willie mccovey , and willie mays....

in my attempts to build (and upgrade) my sets , i've accumulated hundreds of duplicates....most of the extras have already been sold or traded but i currently have over 80 extras available....18 of these are listed on ebay in 6-card lots....i've used the remaining extras to create to starter lots , one consisting of very low grade (mostly Poor , Fair , or Good) cards and one containing slightly better condition (mostly Good or VG) cards.....

while i PREFER to sell , i will consider trading for the cards mentioned as needs for my 4th set or for cards that would be significant upgrades (absolutely no writing , creases , or paper loss) for the following cards : boog powell x2 , ken harrelson x2 , carl yastrzemski x2 , hoyt wilhlem x2 , jim wynn , ron santo , pete rose , maury wills , richie allen , roberto clemente , bob gibson , and willie mays x3

the lots are as follows (bold = HOFer) :

very low-grade 1969 topps deckle 20-card starter lot w/ clemente - looking for $10 dlvd
1 brooks robinson
6 luis aparicio
7 luis tiant
9 willie horton
10 bill freehan
13 mel stottlyemyre
14 rick monday
15 tommy davis
16 frank howard
17 felipe alou
19 ron santo
20 tommy helms
22 rusty staub
23 tom haller
25 jerry koosman
27 roberto clemente
28 curt flood
29 bob gibson
30 al ferrara
32 juan marichal

low to mid grade 1969 topps deckle 23-card starter lot - looking for $15 dlvd
1 brooks robinson
3 ken harrelson
5 jim fregosi
6 luis aparicio
7 luis tiant
8 denny mclain
9 willie horton
10 bill freehan
12 rod carew
13 mel stottlemyre
14 rick monday
15 tommy davis
16 frank howard
17 felipe alou
18 don kessinger
20 tommy helms
22 rusty staub
23 tom haller
25 jerry koosman
28 curt flood
29 bob gibson
30 al ferrara
32 juan marichal

lot 3 is something of a "buyer's choice".....while some of these do still have notable flaws , all of these are in better condition than the corresponding cards of the same players featured in the previous 2 lots.....i can configure these into one of 3 options ....
1) starter lot of 31 different - missing only 2 regular cards (31 willie mccovey and 33 willie mays) and the two sp's (11 jim wynn and 22 joe foy) .....looking for $40
2) complete regular set of 1-33 , missing the two sp's (11 jim wynn and 22 joe foy) .....looking for $45
3) complete set of 35 featuring all 33 regular cards and BOTH sp's .....looking for $65

in addition to the lots above and the 3 on ebay , i also have a few singles available ....not mint , but they are definitely in better condition than either of the first two lots and are roughly the same condition as the cards in lot 3 ...willing to move these as singles or as a "build-your-own-lot" ....for these , feel free to make an offer or post or pm your wants for a quote....

6 luis aparicio x2
8 denny mclain
9 willie horton x3
14 rick monday
15 tommy davis
16 frank howard
17 felipe alou x2
18 don kessinger
20 tommy helms
23 tom haller x3
25 jerry koosman
29 bob gibson
30 al ferrara

also just to make it easier on anyone interested , here's the breakdown on the ebay lots i still have live (front AND back scans along with detailed descriptions of condition for each card are available on ebay) :

BIN/BO lots :
lot 1 - harrelson , carew , davis , howard , haller , ferrara
lot 2 - monday , alou , kessinger , helms , haller , gibson
lot 3 - aparicio , monday , kessinger , helms , haller , gibson

the 4 fixed priced lots are all 4.99 BIN with the BO option....

for anyone buying off ebay , i will accept an offer of 2.50 for any one lot , 2.25 for a second lot , and 2.00 each for a third or fourth lot...i'd also give a small discount on my regular ebay shipping rates on these lots ....for bench members who let me know they saw this message here , shipping would be 2.00 for one lot , 2.25 for 2 or 3 lots , or 2.50 for all 4 of them....

Last edited:
old message deleted to avoid confusion with the new losts listed above....

Last edited:
Hey do you still have the Richie Allen card... whats the condition and price for this one???

for johnny 5 and bob marley , here are hi-res scans of the cards you to have asked about.....these are all the ones you asked for that ARE NOT already pictured on ebay.....they are grouped this way so i can keep track of exactly which cards belong in each of the 4 lots listed above....no matter how much i blow these up , some of the surface lines/wrinkles/dimples etc just aren't visible but i THINK you can get a pretty good idea of the overall conditions....

lot 1 , cards 1-4 :

1969toppsdecklelot1forbench1-4.jpg

1969toppsdecklelot1forbench1-4back.jpg

lot 1 cards 5-7 :

1969toppsdecklelot1forbench5-7.jpg

1969toppsdecklelot1forbench5-7back.jpg

lot 2 cards 1-3 :

1969toppsdecklelot2forbench1-3.jpg

1969toppsdecklelot2forbench1-3back.jpg

lot 2 cards 4-5 :

1969toppsdecklelot2forbench4-5.jpg

1969toppsdecklelot2forbench4-5back.jpg

lot 3 cards 1-4 :

1969toppsdecklelot3forbench1-4.jpg

1969toppsdecklelot3forbench1-4back.jpg

lot 4 cards 1-3 :

1969toppsdecklelot4forbench1-3.jpg

1969toppsdecklelot4forbench1-3back.jpg

sorry for it being so late by the time i got back but i'm here now ..details on the allen :

many of the 1969 deckle inserts have what i refer to as "tread marks".....they are a set of very light surface impressions in a cross-hatch pattern , usually found as a pair of parallel horizontal marks on the card fronts....this card does have these "tread marks" with the top one reaching from his forehead to the top of his cap and the bottom one reaching from just below his chin to the top of the facsimile signature....there are 4-5 small surface flaws that appear as tiny bubbles ....there are 2 of these in the top right corner , 2 more lighter ones on his cap , and one below the "e" in the signature....there is a horizontal crease that passes through his chin....in the scan , it can't be seen from the front , but is just barely visible from the back....i THINK the rest of the flaws can be seen in the picture.....

before giving you a price let me ask two quick questions about payment and shipping....

1) would you be paying by pay pal or cash/money order ?

2) i almost always ship in a bubble mailer which would run 1.93 for postage plus roughly 25 cents for supplies.....i VERY SELDOM ship anything in a pwe (actually not even sure i have any envelopes here)....would you be ok with paying enough to cover the cost of shipping in a bubble mailer , or would you really have a strong preference for a pwe ?

Cash/money order.
Forget about the evelope I could mail you an SASE if I like the price.

original post updated to add in another lot/option....

cards pictured are no longer in the same lot but i left the pics just to give some idea of some of the cards' conditions....

Hello,

I was wondering if you could tell me your estimated condition of the Foy and Wynn SP cards? I realize it is subjective, but more than anything just curious. Thanks and Happy New Year!

CHris

Hello,

I was wondering if you could tell me your estimated condition of the Foy and Wynn SP cards? I realize it is subjective, but more than anything just curious. Thanks and Happy New Year!

CHris

jim wynn - actually one of the better centered deckles i've seen ...nice clean borders....3 great corners with a little ding on the bottom left....one diagonal crease in the bottom right corner and a light surface wrinkle just to the left of his face....several minor surface scratches/indentations....overall i personally think it still looks pretty nice....

joe foy - slightly off center top to bottom and a bit more off center left to right but still enough to have a border all the way around ....nice clean borders ....3 great corners with a light ding on the bottom left....1/2 inch light surface wrinkle along right edge near top corner ...several very light surface scratches.....a single 3/8 inch high line of what i call "treadmarks"....usually found in parallel pairs about and inch apart , this one only has one crossing the card at the top of his name....if you've never seen this flaw before , i am almost certain it came from the factory (the orignal "roller-marks" where the sheets rolled across the wheels leaving a small crosshatch pattern.....from my personal experience with close to 300 cards from this set i'd estimate at least 1/3 have this problem to some degree....

if you need more details , i'll try to get my scanner uncovered (stuff piled everywhere right now as i'm still trying to get everything prepared to move) and get you a couple pics......

scans of the wynn and foy sp's......did the best i could but just so hard to get a 2-d scan to give much detail like wrinkes/indentations/warping etc

jim wynn front
1969toppsdeckleedgejimwynn.jpg

jim wynn back
1969toppsdeckleedgejimwynnback.jpg

joy foy front
1969toppsdeckleedgejoefoy.jpg

joe foy back
1969toppsdeckleedgejoefoyback.jpg

Last edited:
didnt get these listed on ebay last weekend so bumping this up one more time before i do get them listed there.....

and thanks to some recurring heath issues , i still haven't managed to get these on ebay yet , so trying them here one more time....

Back