1979 Topps Success

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TideFanDan

Prospect
Wow, its been so long since I got a hit on my 1979 Topps project that my thread went away.

Got Thad Bosley yesterday for my first 79 TTM hit since July 11th. It turned out to be a double since he also signed an 86 Topps for my son's 86 cubs project.

Wow, got back the Joe Rudi I sent in January of 2013 today. I sent a second one to the real estate company he works for in February of 2013, so maybe I'll get that one back too. He personalized it, so I'll need to find someone named Dan to trade with.

Today brought in Jim Beattie. I sent him c/o the Blue Jays as he works in their scouting department. Sent in April, so it took a bit. Nice looking signature.

Dan, nice job on the Beattie.... I have a story for you. After you aided me w/ the Rudi work address, I sent a letter off to him w/ a '73 & '74. No later than two days after I sent it off I get a #9 letter in the mail, a SASE from Joe Rudi and as I open it up I am reminded of my naivety from 2 years 9 months ago when I sent to Joe, and thought it was okay to just up and send ten cards to a tough-as-nails signer like Rudi; but there it was as I opened the envelope to discover it's contents.... a 1969, 1970, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978 and a 1981 all signed and personalized with my name by Mr. Rudi. Can you believe that sh*%@t?!!! The only reason there was no 1979 was because I hadn't started collecting that year yet..... OMG!

That is awesome. I wish I could predict when guys would sign. I didn't send Rick Dempsey because I didn't see a success for three years. Then, he cleans out the whole backlog in one burst.

Got Lance Parrish through the Glendale Desert Dogs of the Arizona Fall League. He was also signing through the Erie Sea Wolves earlier this year, but I got caught napping on that.