1985 and 1986 Star brand cards of Michael Jordan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richloughlin

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I bought a large lot last week and included were the following TWO Michael Jordan cards from 1985 and 1986 Star:

1985 Star #288

1986 Star - Court King #18

I have heard that many of these cards were counterfeited in those days. I don't see "REPRINT" on the back of each card; but that doesn't
mean that they're still not reprints. I've attached the front and back copies of each card. I would appreciate any input on these.

Thanks,

Rich

Attachments

• img694.jpg
    img694.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 7
  • img695.jpg
    img695.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 7
  • img696.jpg
    img696.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 7
  • img704.jpg
    img704.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 7
Counterfeits of these are all over the place. I'd try to get those authenticated if I were you. If you can find a real copy of a different card from those sets you might be able to see any differences in the card stock.

One thing for sure is that the counterfeits will NOT say "Reprint" on them. Putting that on the card would pretty much defeat the purpose of making a fake card.

Did these MJs come with other Star Co cards or were they the only ones?

I am pretty certain there are a lot more fakes of these cards than legit ones. But you never know.

Here is an article I found on how to tell a fake from a real Jordan for at least one of your two cards. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this article but it is a start.