2 Arrivals + 1 Show Pick-up - 3/10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benson

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Eddie DeBartolo, Jr. - c/o business
9 days, 2/2
(Former 49ers owner)
debartolo.jpg
Going to send the card on the left to George Seifert.

George Vukovich - c/o home
9 days, 3/3 + kept the 2 extras I included for him
vukovich.jpg

Show pick-up
Gary Carter
garycarter.jpg
Total gamble on this one, paid $1.50, hard to see signature in scan.
Mixed in with a hugh lot of late 80s signed Donruss cards. Same dealer had it for $3 last month, a few days later Carter passed away. He didn't reprice it this month and everything marked 1/2 of listed price, so figured it was worth the gamble.

The "G" looks different from his certified autos. Not sure if he has different versions or not though

The "G" looks different from his certified autos. Not sure if he has different versions or not though

I noticed that as well. I did find what appear to be older signatures of his on Ebay where the G comes to a point like the card I have, which is different then every certified auto. FWIW, here's what the dealer told me last month, he purchased all of the autos as a lot from someone who did TTM autos. I will say, I was a little hesitant based on quite a few of the common player signatures, but figured $1.50 was worth the risk. Almost all of the entire lot was 89 and 90 Donruss so they all might have been sent in the very early 90s. I'll have to see if a can get a better picture from my camera than my scanner is taking and post it SCN for opinions as well. I do remember the following looking like signatures I recognize, Gary Gaetti, Lance Johnson and Jack McDowell. The thing that throws me off from this lot is a large number of full signatures from players that no longer write out every letter when they sign.

two things that make me question the Carter signature:
1.) the "a" in "Gary" is not closed.
2.) He normally crossed the "t" in Carter with the tail-end flourish of the last "r"

but, who knows... could be real. Maybe you should submit it to PSA or Beckett.