2 X 2020 Topps Chrome Update Sapphire Boxes - Nice Stuff & A Story.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GotMelky

MVP
5.00 star(s)
So, to preface this. My son had emergency brain surgery two months ago today. As he goes through the recovery process, I'm working with him to incorporate the things he likes or wants to do with the activities we are assigned as part of recovery (occupational therapy).

Prior to surgery, he wanted to start working on a Youtube channel, so he started videoing breaks and working with some editing software. He asked a couple of weeks ago if I would help him continue with that. He's a little camera shy and a little inexperienced with cards, so he asked me to break the product and he did the video editing and getting things together. I think it turned out pretty okay for a first try. We also did an intro video - worked on the script together and he was patient as dad kept screwing up.

I'm learning a lot about the Youtube channel thing in the process and it's awesome to be sharing the hobby together this way.

Here is the first break video:

Constructive feedback is appreciated - he likes watching other guys break online.

Last edited:
Nice Video, the only advice i would give is to have your supplies within reach, in case you pull a monster. I like the info on the topps club and the reason you sold the topps sapphire boxes. as with 700 cards the chance of pulling big rookies was slim. good info on the rooks during the break. thanks for sharing. Larry

Thanks for the feedback - we actually have a little box we set up with supplies and it went missing while doing that video. He's breaking a box of 2020 Topps Series 1 today that we'll post at some point and we made sure the supplies were ready to go.

Well done video. Good job getting the cards close to the camera. You gave good information on a lot of players, which makes the break interesting.

Thanks - we posted more breaks if anyone wants to check them out. I convinced him to try a break...it was a struggle and we’re editing the video to make it work. His eyesight was impacted so reading players names was very tough.