2002 Yankee Dynasty eBay sale question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phishmon23

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I've been working on this set for quite a while, but I haven't followed sales very closely of late. I found a seller on eBay who listed most of the set the other day and was hoping to fill in a couple of the holes in my set. Two of the big cards I needed were the DiMaggio/Mantle GU and the Jeter/Bernie GU.

I know using Beckett as a guide has been more and more unreliable lately, but for reference, BV on the DiMaggio/Mantle is $250, and BV on the Jeter/Bernie is $100. To me, the DiMaggio/Mantle is probably a pretty accurate price, but the price on the Jeter/Bernie is probably a little low.

I bid on a few of his cards and won this one (DiMaggio/Mantle):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160555865242&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I was THRILLED with the price.

However, I was also going to bid on this card, but it quickly got out of hand (Jeter/Bernie):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160555864501&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Has anyone seen this Jeter/Bernie sell recently...is this what I should expect to pay in the future? It's just hard to believe that the Bernie/Jeter could sell for more than double the DiMaggio/Mantle.

-Jason

That is kinda strange. I know Bernie Williams autos usually sell fast/high because he doesn't sign much. Maybe his GU stuff is rare to, IDK. Must have been a bidding war between two hardcore Yankee collectors. Its hard to believe like you said though.

Jeter closing in on 3,000 hits + Yankee fans in general + NEWEST Yankee Dynasty = prices at levels they shouldn't be at. I think you may be able to pull one out at a much lower price eventually. Good price on the Mantle/DiMaggio!

Tim

Thanks.

Looks like I'll have to wait to see if I can find the Jeter cards from that set for a lower price. I'd be willing to pay for the Jeter's what I paid for the Mantle/DiMaggio, but $225 seems crazy high to me.

-Jason

Jeter closing in on 3,000 hits + Yankee fans in general + NEWEST Yankee Dynasty = prices at levels they shouldn't be at. I think you may be able to pull one out at a much lower price eventually. Good price on the Mantle/DiMaggio!

Tim