2007 bowman draft 5-box break......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcjr99

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
nothing really for sale or trade at the moment - need to check out all my own set needs before doing that - but just wanted to share tonight's break.....

bought 5 boxes off ebay and going in i had two very big worries......the last 5-box lot of this product i bought was purchased here on the bench....literally EVERY chrome card in all 5 boxes had two sets of roller marks and EVERY non-autographed chrome parallel except the basic un-numbered refractors had severe edge damage on the back....not to mention my only non-basic auto from that batch was an expired redemption (kyle lotzkar x-fractor).....after that experience , i was terribly paranoid that all the chrome would be damaged again or that i'd pull a big stack of expired trade cards.....

already worried about these issues , the transaction itself worried me.....bought and paid for the boxes june 28th...seller , who was listed as being in los angeles , had a 2-day shipping time....ebay gave me an estimated delivery date of july 2 so i was hopeful i'd have them in hand in time to work with them over the long holiday weekend....second comes and no package , but no worries....still have thursday the 3rd or even saturday the 5th....nope.....10 pm monday the 7th i wrote the seller just to ask if he'd actually shipped it since according to ebay it was now 5 days late AND there was no tracking number posted yet (surprising on a rather pricey package)....he wrote me back within an hour and apologized , with the following information : "Your purchase was shipped out late last week, though with the holiday rush I could see there being a bit of a backup (as there often is around here). I have the tracking info of course, sorry for not uploading it at an earlier date. The carrier is USPS. I will post the info as soon as I get to work tomorrow and have access to my work computer where everything is located."

i'll break in to add my 2-cents .....really ???? there's a postal "holiday rush" for the 4th of july ???? now christmas or even valentine's day i could see , but independence day ???? come on , man !!

ANYway , it's the next day around noon when the tracking info gets posted to ebay....i check the number ...nothing.....nada....zip...zilch....8 hours later and still no update....finally around midnight the tracking gets updated....the only info ? "july 8 - electronic shipping info received" ....i had a sneaking suspicion that he'd lied about it having been shipped the previous week , but had no proof yet.....then around 3 in the morning the next update appeared...the package was dropped off at the post office at 6:09 pm on the 8th - IN FREAKING BROOKLYN.....so now not only had he lied about WHEN it was shipped , but also from WHERE he was shipping it....he'd only had 3 sales this year (no cards at all) and only 4-5 more last year so i was definitely concerned - but relieved to know i was covered since i'd paid via credit card.....

just before 6 pm thursday , it finally arrived....had to wait til after bowling to open them , but i must say i had a blast and i think i shattered the odds....and not even one redemption card....only issue was that in 4 of the 5 boxes , the front base draft (green) card in each pack had a light diagonal surface scratch running all the way from the top right corner to the bottom border.....fortunately all the chrome , parallels , and inserts were ok....

below is a full list of all the "hits" (my personal faves highlighted in blue).....after i go through my partial sets and see what i need and what i have left , i'll add a follow-up post to let you know what is available and what i still need (working on a master set w/o superfractors and plates so my need list is extensive).....

a-rod road to 500
432 x2

blue draft draft picks
19 lars davis 161/399
22 matt west 125/399
31 scott carroll 150/399

blue future's game prospects
67 collin balester 257/399
98 joey votto 263/399

draft picks refractors
7 cory luebke
12 freddie freeman
30 justin jackson
42 daniel descalso
47 jason monti
54 jason heyward
62 danny payne

future's game prospect refractors
68 carlos carrasco
74 franklin morales
75 luke hochevar
104 matt tolbert

draft x-fractor
46 homer bailey 33/299

future's game prospects x-fractor
103 jay bruce 295/299

draft picks blue refractor
50 sean doolittle 32/199

future's game prospects blue refractor
104 matt tolbert 153/199

future's game gold refractor
89 j r towles 15/50

draft orange refractor
34 matt brown 25/25 - damaged

autographs
124 james simmons
127 jonathan gilmore
134 nick hagadone
135 clayton mortensen

refractor autograph
137 ed easley 294/500

gold refractor autograph
122 michael main 50/50

Last edited:
Not bad of a break! I use to buy a box of Pinacle Summit 1996.....their were going for about 12 to 16 per box...But the last one about 6 to 7 years ago .....all of the cards starting sticking together! Best regards, David

If this becomes available I'd be interested.

50 sean doolittle 32/199

I have a lot of 2007 Draft to trade still if you need any. I opened a case.

If this becomes available I'd be interested.

50 sean doolittle 32/199

I have a lot of 2007 Draft to trade still if you need any. I opened a case.

i haven't finished putting all my want lists and haves together yet , but i do have the gold and chrome wantlists ready.....the doolittle is in my set and he's one of a good dozen or so players from the set that i'm trying to quietly grab because i think - no , make that i KNOW - they are WAAY undervalue in terms of market value (and it's clear beckett is WAAAAAAY off on most of this stuff if you just look at all the guys who have been out of baseball since 2010-12 yet are still priced 2-4x some of the guys who are rolling now - such as doolittle and lucroy).....

mom had a stroke last weekend so my schedule has been touch and go from day to day since but i'll try to get my inventory update done and post the extras ASAP .....

in the meantime , here are my NEEDS from the chrome and gold.....for each need i have the card by number and name....if there is a notation in parentheses after the name , it means i actually HAVE the card , but i need one in mint condition due to the flaw noted .....don't want to sound overly demanding , but for the set i am being EXTREMELY picky regarding centering , chrome dots , chipping on borders , white corners , etc....:

bowman chrome draft (1-54 + 237)

41 clippard (surface scratches/chrome dot) , 47 kendrick (surface scratches/chrome dot) , 53 gallardo (oc/chrome dots)

bowman draft gold (1-54 + 237)

5 kouzmanoff (chipping) , 10 perkins , 13 morrow (oc) , 21 lewis (chipping) , 27 francisco (chipping) , 32 schierholtz , 39 mclemore , 40 laroche (chipping) , 42 thigpen (surface scratch) , 46 bailey (chipping) , 49 hughes , 50 braun (chipping) , 53 gallardo (chipping) , 54 reynolds

bowman chrome draft draft picks (1-65)

1 crowell , 9 zink , 11 lotzkar , 13 barnese , 17 marmol , 19 davis , 27 rustich , 36 heyer , 47 monti , 52 culberson (chrome dots) , 53 moustakas , 57 tolisano , 61 bumgarner (chrome dot) , 64 laporta (chrome dot)

bowman draft draft picks gold (1-65)

5 pippin , 11 lotzkar , 14 d’arnaud , 17 marmol (chipping) , 20 runion (chipping) , 32 rams , 43 hunt , 44 kiley , 45 pope , 49 lucroy (chipping) , 52 culberson (chipping) , 53 moustakas , 58 parker (chipping) , 59 fairley , 60 gattis , 65 jackson williams

bowman chrome draft future’s game prospects (66-110)

71 chamberlain , 80 vandenhurk (surface scratches) , 94 sandoval , 101 whittleman

bowman draft future’s game prospects gold (66-110)

67 balester (chipping) , 69 buchholz (chipping) , 74 morales , 76 sosa (chipping) , 77 kershaw , 78 rich thompson , 82 diaz , 83 niemann (chipping) , 84 max ramirez (chipping) , 86 andrus (edge damage) , 87 bryan anderson (chipping) , 89 towles (chipping) , 91 bocock , 104 tolbert (chipping) , 106 saunders , 110 upton

i'll try to get the parallel lists added tonight....may take a few days to get all the autos and their parallels plus the base finished , but i will add everything here ASAP....

if anyone has NEEDS from the 6 sets i have posted above , feel free to let me know - those are at least already sorted and i can put my hands on them right away....

Ok, the only thing from this product that I'm interested in are any parallels of Doolittle that I don't have. Which are almost all of them.

still working on getting lists for all my autographs , game used , and refractors from this set , but figured while i'm home and working on cards on a fairly early sunday evening i'd bump this up to see if anyone has any of my needs i've already posted .....primarily looking to trade other similar cards (base , gold , and chrome) from this product but if you see anything you like in any of my other threads/posts anywhere just let me know.....also hoping to get my wants/haves for 2013 bowman platinum and 2014 bowman posted somewhere here tonight so my have items you can use there as well....