2011 Heritage has me seeing green......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dunndeal

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I have card number 136 "Babe Joins Yanks" It looks to me as it has a green tint. I checked with cards on ebay and mine sure does look different. Green behind the Babe and the door on mine looks tan. Here is mine and I'll put a link to a base on ebay. LMK what you think. Thanks....Dan
scan0041.jpg

Ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.com/BABE-RUTH-JOINS...=140522774793&ps=63&clkid=7877954206054207036

Just found this one on feebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-Heritage-G...0352628421?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item53e6b0bec5

Last edited:
Did you buy the box/pack at Walmart? The story is that the green tints are Walmart parallels...not to be confused with the Green Chromes which are in hobby boxes (one box per case has one green chrome per pack)...

From Beckett:

The 1962 set had several cards that had an odd green tint to them and that anomaly is back with “green tint” variations where the photos are slightly greenish. Not to be outdone, it appears that those same cards found in Walmart retail packs have blue tints and Target cards have red tints. This has not been confirmed by Topps, but early breaks online indicate this to be the case. The reds are rather jarring, while the blues and greens are somewhat mellow — may not be as easily noticed. It also appears that cards with variations in this stretch of the set also have tinted variations, adding to the collecting challenge

I hate this stuff. Why can't they just make a nice clean set?

Thanks,

Jeff

why do we have the have all these damn sets of different styles? I swear to G, I tried look up a few dozen cards this morning in Beckett and it took me forever because I was unsure of its variety...

When is enough, enough? In the past few months, topps baseball has released 3 different series of cards. Topps Series 1, Topps Opening Day, Topps Heritage. With Tribute coming out in 2 weeks and series 2 already being pre-ordered for sale. How do they think anyone can afford to keep up with this hobby, especially if your gonna put out 4 versions of some cards, short-print others. Topps being the only game in town, and producing so many product lines is getting out of control!!

yea enolugh of the variations already. the new heritage is nice but in someways its disapointing too. all the chrom and refractors and green refractors and sp's and ssp's and the tint cards. does make one say yukkk. all i know is this is going to be one of the last cases i buy this year. not becuase of the cost (thats bad enough) but because there is just to much junk in each case. oh and dont forget the stupid topps cash the put in a few boxes too, looks like a 5th grade how to use your printer project.

yea enolugh of the variations already. the new heritage is nice but in someways its disapointing too. all the chrom and refractors and green refractors and sp's and ssp's and the tint cards. does make one say yukkk. all i know is this is going to be one of the last cases i buy this year. not becuase of the cost (thats bad enough) but because there is just to much junk in each case. oh and dont forget the stupid topps cash the put in a few boxes too, looks like a 5th grade how to use your printer project.

They are just doing some of the things that were done years ago in '62. These are not a new thing:
eh0001.jpg

When I put a wrinkle in my Howard Buck a few years ago I searched for a new one and these never came up in a search on Ebay. Now that this Heritage is out see how many originals from '62 are on Ebay. Even Topps vault put out the proofs.

Topps is the smart one here. Every year they do this and we complain yet here we are buying this stuff. Topps remakes stuff from years past and then that gets collectors to go after the old stuff as well. Allen and Ginter is a common name now yet when I stumbled across one in a collection 12 years ago I had no idea what they were. They are just keeping the hobby going and we help the cause.
ginterfront0001.jpg

I just find it odd to celebrate the errors and mistakes the company made. Why not just go all in and produce parallel sets with 80/20 centering? I, for one, would be happy to say they're more valuable (because I have so many, including a 2011 Heritage Chrome Refractor). Maybe Heritage sets should correct the problems of the past and be certain NOT to overexpose the green this time. Get the quality control right the second time around.

No Heritage building for me this year, precisely because of all error-laden parallels.