hdjstuff

5.00 star(s)
2014 Bowman Chrome - N F L

18 packs - 4 cards per pack
1 Bowman Chrome Rookie Auto per box

I received these:

Veteran Base - 28 unique cards
Rookie Base - 31 unique rookie cards

Bowman Chrome NFL is a good looking set. The designs on the vets and rookie cards are distinctive! The cards are obviously chrome - so they have a very bright and shiny front. The 'chrome' color is a bit different on the rookie cards - somewhat more silver - hard to see from the scans.

Each set is 110 cards - if one just wants to build a rookie set, no problem, just collect 111 thru 220. It is a good issue for the set builder and the player collector. There are lots of parallels to chase... here are the ones I received:

Inserts

Refractors

I BELIEVE these are the refractors - I received 2 of each - 2 vets and 2 rooks... Again, no designation - 'refractor' anywhere that I can find on the cards.... what's up with that?

Parallels

2 Black refractors - #ed to 299

R. Matthews
Richard Rodgers

Pulsar and Bubbles

Pulsar #ed to 271 - J. Matthews
Bubbles #ed to 99 - Bishop Sankey

Die Cuts

Bowman's Best
Clowney -- West

Mini

Bridgewater

Topps Shelf

Jordan Matthews

Auto

Derek Carr #ed to 10

Curious auto.... it's an x-fractor and a variation. The photo is one that is used on Bowman Sterling - not his regular Bowman Chrome card.... I do believe this one is rather special....

From what I am told, one out of every 4 boxes has an extra auto.... now whether or not you get that one box.... 25% odds???? Don't know, if you are like I am, I choose one of the boxes in the stack - I believe that lowers my odds - could raise them, no clue.

I like the mini die cuts. They look good. The black refractors are also good looking cards.

Overall grade A- still want the 'refractor' designation somewhere on the card...

Go buy several boxes and maybe you'll get the lucky box with 2 autos...

Duane

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Good looking cards - thank you for the review.

If the two Jordan Matthews cards are available, let me know what I can get you for them. Thanks.

mlbfan85

4.90 star(s)
Duane first thank you for the review. I agree this is a nice looking set. I am not fond of the copy cat insert from baseball but over all great looking cards. Awesome hit on the auto xfractor Carr I love the raiders as well as steelers so that is a nice hit to see. Again thank you for the review can't wait to see the next one

bdink25

5.00 star(s)
Duane, thanks for the review. Any chance the bold #'s on the back bottom are different for the refractors??
Some designation would be nice. Would be interested in any Steelers if available. Thanks Butch

hdjstuff

5.00 star(s)
Duane, thanks for the review. Any chance the bold #'s on the back bottom are different for the refractors??
Some designation would be nice. Would be interested in any Steelers if available. Thanks Butch
Some Steelers coming your way.

Duane

cjay101

5.00 star(s)
I hate the Raiders, but I like the look of that Carr auto.

You might check with sandman. He PC's fresno state (Carr's school)

bfd13

5.00 star(s)
Another enlightening review, as always. Is the Richard Rodgers available?

Sponsors