Review 2015 Bowman Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2015 Bowman Football

10 packs per box // 25 cards per pack
4 autos and 1 relic per box!!

I received these:

80 base rookies (or 72.7% of the 110 base set)
70 base vets (or 63.6% of the 110 base set)
No duplicates of either.... YES!! :D

Bowman Football is a solid issue for the set builder and the rookie collector. The cards are printed on bright white stock with a glossy front. The rookie cards are designed just a bit differently than the vets - the rookies have 3 'stripes' on the sides of the cards. None of the rookies sport their college logos or team logos (Topps doesn't own rights for the NCAA logos... so, the players are in pretty bland looking unis. The team logo for each rookie is on the bottom of the front of the card along with their potential position and RC logo. The numbering of the card is no different from the veteran players. To the best of my knowledge (which is obviously limited:confused:), there are no retired players in the set.

The set builder should be able to complete a base set with as few as 2 hobby boxes. The percentages received, at least in this box, makes that a distinct possibility/probability.

Inserts/Parallels​

Black bordered parallels

37 rookies
20 veterans

Various Color Parallels

Foil Rainbow Parallels

Collins - blue #ed to 499
Lanford - bronze? - #ed to 299
Davis - red #ed to 199
Boldin - gold #ed to 75

Black Foil Rainbow

6 rookies
8 veterans

Colored / Ice Parallels

Ice - Lewis - RC, Hopkins - vet

Blue - Bennett #ed to 499
Bronze? - Hill #ed to 399
Red - Dyer #ed to 199

Die Cuts

Rodgers, Bell, Charles

1948 Replica Minis

10 received

AUTOS/RELICS

Le'Veon Bell - gu relic

Chrome Refractor on Card Auto

Eddie Goldman
Shane Carden

1948 Replica On Card Auto

Phillip Dorsett

Red Refractor Auto #ed to 25

Sean Mannion

The on card autos are very well done in blue Sharpee. I really like knowing that at one point in time, the player held this card while signing.

I believe Bowman Football is an excellent buy - receiving 4 autos and 1 relic - even tho I did not receive a card from the #1 draft pick (of which I also lost a bet....). In Bowman Football one will find various colored parallels both rainbow foil and normal paper, along with die cuts, even red autos numbered to just 5!

Overall grade A+

Go buy several boxes and begin your work on the black sets both paper and rainbow foil.

Duane

Last edited:
Thanks for the review Duane. I like the design of this years set, but it kills me that the rookies are pictured in their college uniforms with no logos. Horrible!

Please LMK if you pulled any of these.

Base vets 22 43 62 88 97

Base RC 47 59 80

Thanks, Brett

Thanks for the review Duane. I like the design of this years set, but it kills me that the rookies are pictured in their college uniforms with no logos. Horrible!

Please LMK if you pulled any of these.

Base vets 22 43 62 88 97

Base RC 47 59 80

Thanks, Brett

I have these:

Base vet -88 - black border, and 97
Base RC - 47-59-80

Post as free.

Duane

Did you pull any of these Base RC:

6 Randy Gregory - Dallas Cowboys
33 Ameer Abdullah - Detroit Lions