2019 RIP Thread

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Rest in Peace Peter Tork! Monkees, Gilligans Island, Batman, Superman, I dream of Jeannie....Saturdays were a special time for kids! Best regards, David

I loved watching The Monkees - just a fun half hour! Love all the shows you mentioned, will even throw in Banana Splits, another one that rocked!

Rest in Peace Katherin Helmond! 87 years old and was in Soap and Whos the Boss. Best regards, David

Wasn't of age to enjoy SOAP when it aired initially on television, but did like her on Whos the Boss.

I was really saddened to hear that Nathaniel Taylor who played Rollo on Sanford and Son passed away a age 80. His character was absolutely hilarious on that iconic 1970s politically incorrect sitcom. I always looked forward to seeing his appearances on that show and he never disappointed.

Just about every sitcom from the 70's would be politically incorrect nowadays. Can you imagine Archie Bunker trying to get made??????

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
RIP Luke Perry. Passed away at age 52 today. Moody bad boy Dylan on Beverly Hills 90210. Did the movie 8 seconds and the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I think the last thing I remember seeing him in was an episode of Family Guy.

HoosierBuddy

5.00 star(s)
King Kong Bundy passed away today at 61. He was best known as a heel (bad guy) in the WWF, and for his steel cage match against Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 2.

He was also Uncle Irwin on Married with Children.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Babe Ruth's daughter Julia died today at the age of 102. I had no idea he had any living children until I heard that report. I think I heard she was his last surviving child until her recent passing.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
King Kong Bundy passed away today at 61. He was best known as a heel (bad guy) in the WWF, and for his steel cage match against Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 2.

He was also Uncle Irwin on Married with Children.

Not going to lie - I loved King Kong Bundy as a wrestler, even as a heel, he was totally entertaining. His stint on Married With Children was great. Talk about another show that probably wouldn't get made today.....

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Former Olympic Gold Medal winner and 2nd pick in the 1980 NFL draft by the Jets, Johnny "Lam" Jones passed away recently at the age of 60. He was a world class sprinter and University of Texas legend. Also former 49ers defensive end Cedric Hardman died a week or so ago, He was an excellent player and his cards were mainstays in 1970s Topps sets.

Man, a lot of players from my youth and young adulthood are passing away.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Rest in Peace Kristoff St. Johns. Died last month...only 52. The Young and the Restless......soap opera ....Best regards, David

Chavezforprez

5.00 star(s)
Jake Phelps, the editor-in-chief for Thrasher Magazine (skateboarding), died March 14th. Loved that magazine as a kid. Was always on the lookout for new pictures of Christian Hosoi and Mike Vallely to hang on my wall.

Boots

5.00 star(s)
Gone to the great half-pipe in the sky!
R.I.P.
QUOTE=Chavezforprez;3874594]Jake Phelps, the editor-in-chief for Thrasher Magazine (skateboarding), died March 14th. Loved that magazine as a kid. Was always on the lookout for new pictures of Christian Hosoi and Mike Vallely to hang on my wall.[/QUOTE]

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Jake Phelps, the editor-in-chief for Thrasher Magazine (skateboarding), died March 14th. Loved that magazine as a kid. Was always on the lookout for new pictures of Christian Hosoi and Mike Vallely to hang on my wall.

Never got into the skateboarding thing -- athletically, if my feet weren't touching the ground, I was an EPIC FAIL. Skateboarding, skiing, rollerblading, all bad!

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Well after a 3 + week hiatus for this topic, Forest Gregg, one of the NFL's all-time greats passed away on April 12. He was a mainstay at tackle for the great Lombardi Packer offensive lines and was a 7 time 1st team All Pro. He was one of the first of those Packer teams o get elected to the Pro Football HOF. He also was a long time coach in the NFL, College and the CFL although his coaching career was not as stellar as his playing career where he always made the NFL All Time teams. He did however coach the Bengals to the 1982 Super Bowl where they lost to the first Joe Montana 49er championship team. He also won NFL coach of the year once which I believe was that same Super Bowl year.