2019 RIP Thread

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Rest in Peace Peggy Lipton! Remembered the Mod squad! Best regards, David

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Peggy Lipton, The Mod Squad and Twin Peaks died at 72 y/o. She was always a class act.

I just read that! The mod Squad was a mainstay on syndicated reruns after it went of the air. I'm very surprised that I have never seen that on reruns since the mid 1970s. Even after 40+ years I remember that show and its 4 main characters very well.

I did not know Peggy Lipton was a star on another popular show after the Mod Squad. Very sad to hear of her passing.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Doris Day passed away today...she was 97 yrs old.....Que Sera Sera....Whatever will be, will be. Best regards, David

Boots

5.00 star(s)
I loved him in his skits with Harvey Korman on Carol Burnett's shows. The one where he plays the dentist may be my favorite comedy sketch of all time. Brilliant. And Korman can't keep from cracking up himself.
RIP to a truly funny man!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Doris Day passed away today...she was 97 yrs old.....Que Sera Sera....Whatever will be, will be. Best regards, David

RIP Doris Day - before my time, but know that she was a legend, girl next door style.

Just saw that Tim Conway died at 85. My favorites was him in The Apple Dumpling Gang.

RIP Tim Conway - unbelievably funny man! The voice of Barnacle Boy on SpongeBob. He was Peg Bundys father on Married With Children. And my favorite character he played - Dorf! Google Dorf on golf, and just laugh!

David K.

5.00 star(s)
RIP Doris Day - before my time, but know that she was a legend, girl next door style.

RIP Tim Conway - unbelievably funny man! The voice of Barnacle Boy on SpongeBob. He was Peg Bundys father on Married With Children. And my favorite character he played - Dorf! Google Dorf on golf, and just laugh!
She was a legend to many people! Rest in Peace Tim Conway! Best regards, David

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Legendary Packers HOF QB Bart Starr passed away today at age 85. He had some serious health issues for the past 7 years after suffering a stroke so this is not unexpected but still sad.

Starr is the third HOFer from the Packers vaunted offense to pass away in the last 8 months as FB Jim Taylor passed away in October and OT Forrest Gregg died last month.

These deaths are particularly sad for me as the mid 1960s Packers were one of my first football memories as a kid, not to mention some of the first football cards I remember as well.

cmcjr99

5.00 star(s)
mom used to work with bart starr back in the late 80's and early 90's......

and just saw that bill buckner passed today at 69.....a longtime personal favorite who i still think gets an unfair shake due to one bad play in an otherwise outstanding career...

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Legendary Packers HOF QB Bart Starr passed away today at age 85. He had some serious health issues for the past 7 years after suffering a stroke so this is not unexpected but still sad.

Starr is the third HOFer from the Packers vaunted offense to pass away in the last 8 months as FB Jim Taylor passed away in October and OT Forrest Gregg died last month.

These deaths are particularly sad for me as the mid 1960s Packers were one of my first football memories as a kid, not to mention some of the first football cards I remember as well.

Heard this over the weekend - just haven't had much time lately to be on the site. but RIP Bart Starr - on field leader of the great Packers teams. Not a bad run of QB's in Wisconsin -- Starr, Favre, Rogers.

mom used to work with bart starr back in the late 80's and early 90's......

and just saw that bill buckner passed today at 69.....a longtime personal favorite who i still think gets an unfair shake due to one bad play in an otherwise outstanding career...

Just caught this on the MLB Network ticker - truer words could not be spoken, Buckner should be known for more than ground ball in World Series - and lets be honest, he should have been pulled for a defensive replacement!

Boots

5.00 star(s)
As a Mets fan, my memoreis of Buckner are always the Mookie grounder, but he WAS a much better player than just that one moment. I beleive he and Mookie actually became quite friednly over the ensuing years and would tour together at card shows.
Buckner was another in a long line of Dodger rookies who came up in the 70's and were fantastic. (Many ROY's).
Sad he left us so young!
Heard this over the weekend - just haven't had much time lately to be on the site. but RIP Bart Starr - on field leader of the great Packers teams. Not a bad run of QB's in Wisconsin -- Starr, Favre, Rogers.

Just caught this on the MLB Network ticker - truer words could not be spoken, Buckner should be known for more than ground ball in World Series - and lets be honest, he should have been pulled for a defensive replacement!

Jack

5.00 star(s)
Buckner should have never been in that game at that time BLAME the manager
REST IN PEACE Bill Buckner
Jack

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
I had not heard Bill Buckner passed away until I read this topic. It appears he passed away from Dementia at 69. I read Tom Seaver is also suffering from the same disease and his family is claiming that Lyme disease (my greatest fear) brought that on in his case. Very sad for both guys.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
RIP Pat Bowlen - former owner of the Denver Broncos. Gave up control of the team in 2014, when alzheimers/dementia was setting in. I watched my grandmother go through it, what an absolutely gut-wrenching disease.