2019 RIP Thread

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
RIP Lee Iacocca - longtime automotive industry executive. Credited with bringing Chrysler back from the brink of bankruptcy in the 80's. Led in the design of the K-Car, the minivan and the iconic Ford Mustang -- one of those things definitely does not sound like the others!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Can add Arte Johnson (Laugh In...verrrrrryyy interesting) and Jared Lorenzen - former UK & Giants QB - The Hefty Lefty to the RIP list.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
RIP Ross Perot. Former 2 time presidential candidate. May have actually been best know for the impression that Dana Carvey did of him......

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
RIP..Rip Torn. I honestly don't know much about his early career, to me he is most remembered for being the indomitable leader of Men In Black - we aren't hosting an intergalactic kegger down here!

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
Jim Bouten Ex-Yankee pitcher. When his book Ball Four came out he was the most hated man in sports. Now its regarded as one of the great sports books.

julycoaron

5.00 star(s)
We lost both Ernie Broglio and Pumpsie Green this week. Broglio, a pitcher. is probably best known for being the player sent by the Cardinals to the Cubs when St. Louis obtained Lou Brock. Pumpsie Green was the first black player for the Boston Red Sox, the last team to put a black player on the field. Amazingly enough, Broglio and Green were teammates at El Cerrito High School in California.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
HOF linebacker Nick Buonticonti passed away today - a member of the last undefeated NFL team. Probably more well known lately for the work he did with paralysis foundations after his son was injured playing football.

Kirbyfan34

4.90 star(s)
HOF linebacker Nick Buonticonti passed away today - a member of the last undefeated NFL team. Probably more well known lately for the work he did with paralysis foundations after his son was injured playing football.

I remember when that happened. Used to love watching Nick on Inside the NFL