2019 RIP Thread

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
Bill Macy from the TV show Maude died at 97. At the time it was one of the top shows on and was compared to All In The Family.

cmcjr99

5.00 star(s)
Bill Macy from the TV show Maude died at 97. At the time it was one of the top shows on and was compared to All In The Family.

i was just thinking about him this morning when i awoke to his voice on an old episode of matlock....

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
RIP Charles Rogers, age 38 - former #3 overall draft pick out of Michigan State, went to the home state Detroit Lions. Never quite had the career that was anticipated.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
RIP Vera Clemente. Widow of Roberto Clemente - she has doen a wonderful job of carrying on philanthropic activities since Roberto's untimely passing in 1972.

To me, her and Jackie Robinson's wife (Rachel?) have done so much good in this world, they should have an award named for them for the spouses of MLB players who do great things for the community.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
RIP Fred Cox - former kicker for the Minnesota Vikings. And while that is impressive enough on its own...he was the inventor of the NERF Football. Who among us hasn't enjoyed the holy heck out that little invention! Nothing better in the back yard or at the beach!

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
RIP Fred Cox - former kicker for the Minnesota Vikings. And while that is impressive enough on its own...he was the inventor of the NERF Football. Who among us hasn't enjoyed the holy heck out that little invention! Nothing better in the back yard or at the beach!

I used to play in a Nerf Football League when I was younger 6 teams 3 on 3 we played on the beach in Margate NJ was in the early 80's when I was in high school R.I.P. Fred Cox

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Been awhile for this thread, which is never a bad thing...

RIP
Rene Auberjenas - played the uptight dude on Benson. Also think he was the voice of Sebastian the Crab in The Little Mermaid.

Danny Aiello - Moonstruck. And again, I believe he was in Dumb & Dumber as the hitman riding along in the dog-mobile having to listen to the most annoying sound in the world.

Hayden Fry - former football coach at the University of Iowa. Painted the visitor locker room pink to mellow their mood. And the model for the Craig T Nelson character Hayden Fox on the show Coach.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I just heard that Don Imus passed away.

Not sure how to feel on this one - on the one hand, he was a radio icon for years and years and years. On the flip side was his commentary on the Rutgers womens basketball team, which got him fired.

And add Ann B. Davis to the RIP list - Alice the Housekeeper on the Brady Bunch