2021 Bench Members Baseball Fantasy League - In Season

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Welcome back managers. The league has been renewed for another year and the team managers are set. I think all the managers are aware, but I want to remind them of the draft. It will be the Sunday before the season starts. That is 03/28/2021 7 pm Central time. The season begins on Thursday April 1 with all teams scheduled to play. I pray for a healthier season this year. I would think those involved would have their vaccination already. So hopefully we can have a normal season.

If you can't find your way to the league it is here: https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/8103

Also please check your team settings. I think there are only 5 questions, but one of them is to receive messages that get posted on the league bulletin board.

Best wishes,

Dave

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I am sorry but I missed the draft. A little emergency came up (of course) but I have a couple waiver claims in. I can't wait for the season to start either!

Good luck everyone!!!!

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I am sorry but I missed the draft. A little emergency came up (of course) but I have a couple waiver claims in. I can't wait for the season to start either!

Good luck everyone!!!!
We had a good turnout for the draft. I knew you were missing. Too bad you couldn't make it. Dave

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Missed both my drafts on Sunday - just another crazy day, during another crazy week, during a crazy month!!!

Somehow got the #3 pick in both drafts, and ended up with DeGrom as my first pick in both drafts..blech! I don't know who Yahoo pays to rank their players, but they should be fired. My teams are almost identical, you can see exactly which players were passed over and left for the auto-drafters!!!

All of which is to say that I will just have to pay attention and figure things out if I want to contend!

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Andy, I'm sorry you couldn't make the draft. I hope this pressure will subside and that some new players will emerge from the waiver wire. Thanks. Dave

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Andy, I'm sorry you couldn't make the draft. I hope this pressure will subside and that some new players will emerge from the waiver wire. Thanks. Dave

No worries - it is all on me. I honestly don't see my work life slowing down at all in the near future, so I do what I can when I can. Just happy to be in a couple leagues that can take my mind to a happy place every now and than!!!!

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Similar teams...completely different results. Still early, but always fun to say -- 1st place in one, dead last in the other. No middle of the road for me, just extremes!!!!

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
It's early, ground can be made up fast. With a couple of hot days you could be in first place. I am really bummed by the cancellations. Of course player well being comes first, but I hope this doesn't happen again.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
It's early, ground can be made up fast. With a couple of hot days you could be in first place. I am really bummed by the cancellations. Of course player well being comes first, but I hope this doesn't happen again.

Very true - can't win the league this early, but don't want to be in to big a hole to dig out of as the season progresses! Always fun to see the giant point swings early with teams jumping or dropping 15-20 points in a single day!

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
It's pretty early this season to make much of the scoreboard. I looked at the detailed scoreboard in the Bench Members rotisserie league for the first time this year. I have never seen it before, but every team is averaging more than a strikeout per inning. Strikeouts must be up again. And it doesn't seem like home runs are down.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Definitely too early to start making anything of the overall scoreboard, but still fun to check it every day. Amazing that the big jumps are still happening - usually after a nice pitching performance or two.

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Very true - can't win the league this early, but don't want to be in to big a hole to dig out of as the season progresses! Always fun to see the giant point swings early with teams jumping or dropping 15-20 points in a single day!
Stop talking about my team like that. I was in 2nd place 3 days ago and now I am in 9th.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Stop talking about my team like that. I was in 2nd place 3 days ago and now I am in 9th.

LOL, sorry. If you tracked my team in the standings, it would look like a seismograph reading.

On the plus side, two of my pitchers have thrown no hitters this year - and I had them both in the lineup when it happened.