2021 Bench Members Pro Football Pick'em

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
There is a settings tab on the main page where the standings are. Reading that will be helpful to become more familiar with the game. It could benefit new and old alike. I also found the article on how ties are broken in Pick'em. The prizes will be awarded using the regular season rules if there is a tie. The top three players in the standings at the end of the game will get a prize. There are no playoffs.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Before the standings begin to take shape, I would like to announce the first place prize. I will get a picture up when I can.

2017 Panini Flawless Materials Greats Duals Gold #7 Ted Williams #/5

This is a double swatch game used with the material being wool. I can't imagine how hot those uniforms used to be. I would have to think the materials used today would be more weather friendly.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
DK, On the page where you make your picks, there is a column for Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. In those columns are the point spread and how it may change over those four days. Thursday is the final points that will be used for the week. In the first post where the signup information is, there is a mention of the point spread. There could have been more emphasis made. Sorry for the misunderstanding. At least you didn't find out on Sunday with some many picks on the line. The best, Dave
Nope..to late. Best regards, David

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Welcome to the game. Anyone can signup as long as yahoo allows it. I think it's the second week where no more entrants are allowed. But if you want to play try to join and your in until Yahoo cuts you off. Of course you will take a blank (not a loss) for each game missed. Note: Your worst week gets thrown out. The season is 18 weeks so your best 17 scores are counted.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Picks can be changed up to 5 minutes prior to game time. If that was your meaning. Over the course of a year, the scores can be tight cumulatively, But it's possible to pick up 3 or more games on the leader on any given Sunday.

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Picks can be changed up to 5 minutes prior to game time. If that was your meaning. Over the course of a year, the scores can be tight cumulatively, But it's possible to pick up 3 or more games on the leader on any given Sunday.
It was a weekend for underdogs for sure. Great idea taking all the underdogs. My parlay would have turned out better if I had done the same!!

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
It was a weekend for underdogs for sure. Great idea taking all the underdogs. My parlay would have turned out better if I had done the same!!
Thanks Bryon. I was lucky. I don't think I have been over 10 wins in a week for all the years of the game. I might have had 11 once. My picks worked out this week, but it could have easily been 4 wins rather than 12. I had changed to the favorite early Monday, but went back to the underdog at the last moment. Those last moment decisions usually don't work out for me. Better luck next week. Dave

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Hopefully my picks work out better in the future. I played a 10 team college parlay and lost 8 out of the 10. Took USC as a 17 point favorite and they lost by almost 30. On a positive note, the coach was fired for that performance. I have watched a lot of college football in my life and it is kind of sad to see some of these programs that were so good in my youth become so bad. I can vivdly recall when USC, Nebraska and Michigan were major powers. It seems that now they have fallen and may never get back up.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Hopefully my picks work out better in the future. I played a 10 team college parlay and lost 8 out of the 10. Took USC as a 17 point favorite and they lost by almost 30. On a positive note, the coach was fired for that performance. I have watched a lot of college football in my life and it is kind of sad to see some of these programs that were so good in my youth become so bad. I can vivdly recall when USC, Nebraska and Michigan were major powers. It seems that now they have fallen and may never get back up.
What's the deal on the parlay? Do all 10 teams have to win? I used to play a three team parlay for football. But my game is really poker. Not Hold'em which I think is crazy. But dealer's choice. We would play a variety of games like 7 card stud and 3 card monte. Those were good days in the 1970's, but I haven't played since. I used to host a poker game every Sunday night, but the time came when I had to think about the future in a more serious manner.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Dang, that is a nice first place giveaway! Haven't watched an NFL game since the Eagles won the Super Bowl, but may have to jump in here and give it a shot!!!
Andy, I sent you an email but I need your email address to send you an invite. With the second week starting today, you may want to go to the first post of this thread. You can join there. The only thing needed is the league id and password, which can be found in that post. I would be happy if you can join in time. Thanks. Dave

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
What's the deal on the parlay? Do all 10 teams have to win? I used to play a three team parlay for football. But my game is really poker. Not Hold'em which I think is crazy. But dealer's choice. We would play a variety of games like 7 card stud and 3 card monte. Those were good days in the 1970's, but I haven't played since. I used to host a poker game every Sunday night, but the time came when I had to think about the future in a more serious manner.
I will play a 4 or 5 team parlay and put 5.00 on it. If all 4 teams cover the spread then I win 50.00. On a 5 team parlay I would win 80.00 if all 5 teams cover. On a 10 team parlay I only put 3.00 on it. If all 10 teams cover then I would win 600.00. I hit 9 out of 10 last year and won 75.00. But it is hard to pick 4 teams that will cover. Hitting a team parlay is next to impossible in my opinion.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Andy, I sent you an email but I need your email address to send you an invite. With the second week starting today, you may want to go to the first post of this thread. You can join there. The only thing needed is the league id and password, which can be found in that post. I would be happy if you can join in time. Thanks. Dave

Thanks - I am in. And I know my picks are awesome, because I checked them against the percentages and I only had 3 that matched up!!

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I will play a 4 or 5 team parlay and put 5.00 on it. If all 4 teams cover the spread then I win 50.00. On a 5 team parlay I would win 80.00 if all 5 teams cover. On a 10 team parlay I only put 3.00 on it. If all 10 teams cover then I would win 600.00. I hit 9 out of 10 last year and won 75.00. But it is hard to pick 4 teams that will cover. Hitting a team parlay is next to impossible in my opinion.
Parlays are tough to win. Even 3 team. Seems like the few that I played the best I could do was 2 of 3. I can't imagine even attempting 10 teams. But to have something riding on a game always made the game more interesting for me.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Thanks - I am in. And I know my picks are awesome, because I checked them against the percentages and I only had 3 that matched up!!
Glad you can make it. Good luck with your picks. I was wrong to say there isn't a loss for not picking. I now see that there were some who didn't pick and got a loss. But with you not being active last week, I see your record is 0-0 and not 0-16. I would have to think that your bad week to throw out is already used though.