• ATTENTION: Do you have a local card shop near you? If so, please help us out by adding their location into our new card shop tool.

2021 Golf Thread

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The 2021 PGA Season kicks off today in lovely Hawaii with the Tournament of Champions (I think sponsored by Hyundai, but not 100% sure on that). So seems like a perfect time to start up a golf thread for the year.

Titled this the golf thread, rather than the PGA thread -- open to all golf discussion. Senior PGA. LPGA. European Tour. Drop a hole in one, post it here. career best round, post it here. shoot your age, post it here. have one to many at a scramble and drive the cart into a lake, PLEASE post the video here!!!!

bblair_2002

MVP
5.00 star(s)
About 5 years ago I was playing with a friend of mine and the cart's brakes unlocked and rolled backwards into a ditch. I took a pic of it with my old phone and thought I posted it to Facebook but sadly couldn't find it anywhere.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
About 5 years ago I was playing with a friend of mine and the cart's brakes unlocked and rolled backwards into a ditch. I took a pic of it with my old phone and thought I posted it to Facebook but sadly couldn't find it anywhere.

There is a course about 45 minutes from here in Lebanon called Iron Valley (Pete Dye design) - it has a couple holes that run adjacent to an old quarry. Next to the 2nd hold I think, they have a cross marking a cart that left the path and headed down the hill to its doom. Next time I play there, will make sure to get a picture for posterity.

People do crazy stupid things with golf carts.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Third tourney of the year set to kickoff tomorrow in Cali. First two were a blast to watch. Harris English winning the TOC at Kapalua and Kevin Na winning The Sony at Wailea.

I also believe this week will kick off the LPGA season - just not sure where they are playing.

No clue when I will be back out on the course...hopefully soon. Definitely miss it.