2021 Topps Series 1 Baseball Hobby Box 02/10/2021

jweech

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
That is what I have been saying, it will nut get any better unless we stop buying at those inflated prices,
It used to be where buying a case would give you enough hits to sell and offset some of the cost. I just don't think there are enough great hits to be pulled to put a big enough dent to justify the cost. At least that is the case for me.

PRosefan1

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
The rookie list for Series 1 is adding up nicely - Jo Adell, Ryan Mountcastle, Christian Pache, Deivi Garcia, Alex Bohm

I've heard we'll also see Sixto Sanchez, Dylan Carlson, Ke'Bryan Hayes, Andres Gimenez, Nick Madrigal, Jake Cronenworth, Joey Bart.
Ke'Bryan has a card pictured as a rookie in the write up for series 2 so I think he will be there same with Kirilloff. Theyre showing an insert rc for Bart in series 2 as well. You just know that they'll save a couple of big ones to drive sales for series 2.. At least thats what I would do.

Last edited:

PRosefan1

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Home run challenge list for series 1

Home Run Challenge Set Checklist​

30 cards. Full promo details.
1 per Hobby/Hobby Jumbo Box; 1:10 Retail.

HRC-1 Mike Trout - Los Angeles Angels
HRC-2 Ronald Acuña Jr. - Atlanta Braves
HRC-3 Freddie Freeman - Atlanta Braves
HRC-4 J.D. Martinez - Boston Red Sox
HRC-5 Rafael Devers - Boston Red Sox
HRC-6 Javier Baez - Chicago Cubs
HRC-7 Kyle Schwarber - Chicago Cubs
HRC-8 Eloy Jimenez - Chicago White Sox
HRC-9 Francisco Lindor - Cleveland Indians
HRC-10 Nolan Arenado - Colorado Rockies
HRC-11 Yordan Alvarez - Houston Astros
HRC-12 Alex Bregman - Houston Astros
HRC-13 Jorge Soler - Kansas City Royals
HRC-14 Mookie Betts - Los Angeles Dodgers
HRC-15 Cody Bellinger - Los Angeles Dodgers
HRC-16 Christian Yelich - Milwaukee Brewers
HRC-17 Josh Donaldson - Minnesota Twins
HRC-18 Pete Alonso - New York Mets
HRC-19 Aaron Judge - New York Yankees
HRC-20 Gleyber Torres - New York Yankees
HRC-21 Bryce Harper - Philadelphia Phillies
HRC-22 Giancarlo Stanton - New York Yankees
HRC-23 Fernando Tatis Jr. - San Deigo Padres
HRC-24 Paul Goldschmidt - St. Louis Cardinals
HRC-25 Joey Gallo - Texas Rangers
HRC-26 Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - Toronto Blue Jays
HRC-27 Juan Soto - Washington Nationals
HRC-28 Eugenio Suarez - Cincinnati Reds
HRC-29 Kris Bryant - Chicago Cubs
HRC-30 Matt Chapman - Oakland Athletics

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I have not purchased a packaged card product since the prices have went up. I hope I can get a 2021 Topps Heritage Box or 2, but not at $130.00 per box. I'm only willing to go $85-90 for 24 packs of 9 cards.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
I have not purchased a packaged card product since the prices have went up. I hope I can get a 2021 Topps Heritage Box or 2, but not at $130.00 per box. I'm only willing to go $85-90 for 24 packs of 9 cards.
The retail 2020 Topps Chrome Update is out.......and the set is only 100 cards! So If u get more then 3 boxes...your getting a lot of doubles and triples......good if there the hot players....bad if there not! Best regards, David

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
The retail 2020 Topps Chrome Update is out.......and the set is only 100 cards! So If u get more then 3 boxes...your getting a lot of doubles and triples......good if there the hot players....bad if there not! Best regards, David
Is that the one called Chrome Black? Or is it a different product? If it's not Black do you have an approximate release date?

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Not black...its the regular 2020 Topps Chrome Update that comes out every year. Not sure about the release date just noticed them on ebay last week. Best regards, David
It loks like Blowout Cards did not carry the Topps Chrome Update. As you probably know, I posted a short review from Cardboard Connection.

mgm37

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Everybody here should contact Topps and complain about the price gouging.

HOW CAN I CONTACT CONSUMER RELATIONS?​

Published 03/21/2006 05:27 PM | Updated 08/11/2017 12:17 PM

Our Consumer Relations team will be happy to answer all of your questions. To reach us by phone, toll-free, dial 1-800-489-9149 between the hours of 9:00am-4:00pm (ET), Monday through Friday.

You may also send an email message to Support@topps.com (or simply click the EMAIL and complete the on-screen form).

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)

Our Consumer Relations team will be happy to answer all of your questions. To reach us by phone, toll-free, dial 1-800-489-9149 between the hours of 9:00am-4:00pm (ET), Monday through Friday.

You may also send an email message to Support@topps.com (or simply click the EMAIL and complete the on-screen form).
Thanks for making it easy. I wrote a long reply. People need to continue with their principles and not pay the high prices.

GotMelky

MVP
5.00 star(s)

I was under the impression that Topps has little to do with setting market prices. The way to get prices down is for people to stop buying but that won't happen for a while. There are a lot of new and uneducated collectors who have no idea that hobby boxes of flagship once sold for $50-60 at release and blasters were really $19.99.

jweech

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
So I finally talked myself into making my case purchase and I went to D&A this morning to make it happen and I find that the price has increased another $400 to $1600 for a case I paid $600 for a year ago. It's time to take a break from this hobby. This is freaking insane.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I ordered some rack packs off of Amazon at a good price. But when it got close to the release date they cancelled the transaction. That is not right.