2022 Topps Update Series Baseball Hobby Box 10/28/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anybody else finding print defects on update cards? Two main ones for me, and they have been in both 2021 product and 2022 product that I have opened -- there is a line straight down the card, almost like a roller was too tight causing the gloss to separate. And there are random silver marks at the top of cards, like someone took a pencil and scribbled a 1/4"-1/2" horizontal line on the cards.

I am only through the 20's and have 15 cards that are trash in my eyes - and even worse, was looking at #44 (Julio Rodriguez) while opening packs, and 2 of them have the pencil type marks.

If you don't hold them up to the light, you won't see most of the defects. Definitely frustrating as it now takes at least twice as long to sort. And even with the trades I make to fill in the gaps, a handful of the cards I get, have the straight line defect and I have to trade for them 2 or 3 times.

Anybody else finding print defects on update cards? Two main ones for me, and they have been in both 2021 product and 2022 product that I have opened -- there is a line straight down the card, almost like a roller was too tight causing the gloss to separate. And there are random silver marks at the top of cards, like someone took a pencil and scribbled a 1/4"-1/2" horizontal line on the cards.

I am only through the 20's and have 15 cards that are trash in my eyes - and even worse, was looking at #44 (Julio Rodriguez) while opening packs, and 2 of them have the pencil type marks.

If you don't hold them up to the light, you won't see most of the defects. Definitely frustrating as it now takes at least twice as long to sort. And even with the trades I make to fill in the gaps, a handful of the cards I get, have the straight line defect and I have to trade for them 2 or 3 times.
That stinks. Quality control must be crap at Topps. I thought we were past the era of those types of defects.

That stinks. Quality control must be crap at Topps. I thought we were past the era of those types of defects.

I thought so as well -- doesn't happen on the non-glossy sets they produce like A/G and Big League. Honestly, a lot of the defects wouldn't even be noticed if I wasn't putting them under direct light. I am guaranteeing there are hundreds/thousands of collated sets out there that have these defective cards in them.

It is making me wonder what I am NOT catching.