2023 Topps Series One Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYBBNUTT

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Debating whether I should bother with trying to put together a 2023 Topps Series One base starter set and try to trade here for fillers. Just wondering what fellow ‘Benchies’ think about paying $24.99 for a blaster box at Target. I have a Red card so free shipping but can only get a blaster box (98cards) with a $35 order so I’d have to order 2 boxes or get something else for $10. I’m getting very frustrated with the whole profiteering going on with people that aren’t even collectors. I used to be able to go to my local Target and get 2-3 blaster boxes. It maybe time for me to focus only on my vintage sets, if I even continue.

Probably not much help here. My buddy buys blaster boxes and hanger packs to build sets.
He's not into paying the big bucks for the hobby boxes to get cards for sets. When he gets
close to the end I'll put a list on here and usually get the cards to complete his sets. $0.02 worth.

I would go with the Target on line orders as its free shipping using your Target card. Three blasters will get u .. 21 packs 14 cards per pack= 294 cards ..but the inserts are about one or two per pack (I use the inserts for trading for base cards)...so you should have a good start on finishing the 330 card set. If your short u have a lot of inserts for trading purposes and duplicate base cards. Hope this helps! Best regards, David PS I know what u mean about the cost......stopped buying bowman chrome and bowman draft this year!! Bowman Chrome was about $18.00 per pack.....for 5 cards!!!

Last edited:
Probably not much help here. My buddy buys blaster boxes and hanger packs to build sets.
He's not into paying the big bucks for the hobby boxes to get cards for sets. When he gets
close to the end I'll put a list on here and usually get the cards to complete his sets. $0.02 worth.
Ok thanks. I’m happy other collectors can still complete sets with help from the Bench. I’m jealous but I live in the NY metro area and it is loaded with profiteers. Target doesn’t even stock blasters or hangers on shelves here. Oh well I guess they don’t realize they are killing the hobby.

I've tried to go the Target box route a couple times since hobby boxes got so expensive. Personally, I think it's more cost effective to get a hobby box unless you want dupes sitting around. On the other hand, I've got lots of 2023 Series 1 dupes I'll be happy to trade with you!

@schmidtfan - ok thank you. I’ll keep you in mind if I decide to build this year’s set. You and others on the Bench (DavidK, mm1sub, etc.) have helped me complete base sets the last few years. But I did buy some packs or won a blaster box at a show so I had inserts to trade.