40th Big Red Machine Project TTM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2 Reds In One sign/ One RTS

In keeping up with the project, we did get back 3rd string catcher Don Werner (1978 topps 702) on 8/17 5 weeks 2204 briarwood blvd arlington TX 76013

The RTS was of Joe Morgan sent c/o ESPN 935 middle st. Bristol CT 06010...came back REF after 5 weeks, disappointed for sure, but then again, he is a HOF'er

Count through mail is now at 11/40 27.5%

Did purchase an 82 fleer big red machine card on ebay w/ Concepcion, Driessen, and Foster sigs which was very cool.

Sent out Borbon, Chaney, Driessen, Flynn, Plummer, and Griffey Sr. We realize there are some toughies, but the assortment of rejection letters are going into the book too.
Lee May, Hal McRae are going out tomorrow

Still no word after a month from guys like Corrales and Crowley. The again, it is the season.

We also still need addresses for the following: Ed Armbrister, Dave Concepcion, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, Fred Norman, Pete Rose (We know it's Field of Dreams in Vegas, but have conflicting addresses), and Manny Sarmiento.
Whether they sign, or won't, the idea behind the project is to say we at least tried. And we are having a ball doing it.

Keep sending those TTM's! Love reading everyone's posts.
Jeff

Project still going, just slowed to a crawl

Since our last post, we received Terry Crowley back in the mail, c/o the Orioles. Took 44 days.

TTM Count at 12/40 30%

We did purchase certified autos of Ken Griffey Sr. and George Foster. And a cool card on ebay from 1982 fleer with driessen, concepcion, and foster signed.

don't know if you mailed out to Griffey Sr yet which I am assuming you did but he had hip surgery done not long after that grouchy old man made such a big deal about signing and then yelled at me to come back and he would sign 1 card for me and 1 card only...and no as much as I would have liked to break his hip after he blew up on me I am not the reason he had to have the surgery lol

will mcenaney, i just wrote him a letter and asked if he would sign one of each of his cards and two SI..He comes back to springfield, ohio once in a while...i was told he signs with the monor league team he works for..kj