46 cents per stamp

dbarbos1

5.00 star(s)
I was just reading this months issue of "American Printer" magazine, and one of the articles was about an increase in the price of stamps to 46 cents. I just wanted to give all of my fellow TTMers a heads-up about this. I don't know if this will pass, but if it does, I want to make sure I stock up on Forever Stamps, before I have to pay more for them.

tigsfan

4.90 star(s)
I heard recently that this did not pass, which means look for 5-day Post Offices next year instead.

abeabe

5.00 star(s)
The Deerfield Beach, FL post office is already only open 5 days a week. As any of you familiar with the area know, this is not a small/rural town. With electronic bills, the use of email, and the price of gas. The post office has no chance of being profitable.

CYmarlins

5.00 star(s)
i rather pay the 2 cents and have them delivery 6 days a week honestly. its tough sometimes to get out the post office when ur constantly working and going to school at night.

but understood when the post office isnt doing too well.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
So if you have Postal Office box.....you'll still get your mail 6 out of the 7 days? Best regards, David

Scobes

5.00 star(s)
If it keeps the price of stamps down, I don't mind them being open 5 days a week. Plus with APCs, you can mail most items by yourself 24/7 anyways.

Scobes

dbarbos1

5.00 star(s)
if ya dont mind me asking what are forever stamps

A forever stamp is valid for first class postage no matter what the rate. By concept, once purchased, a forever stamp is a perpetual stamp that never expires or declines in value. So, if you buy them, at 44 cents a piece, and the price of stamps increases t o46 cents a piece, the forever stamps can be used as a 46 cent stamp, even though they where bought at 44 cents a piece.
They are nice :D

baseballtracy67

4.80 star(s)
A forever stamp is valid for first class postage no matter what the rate. By concept, once purchased, a forever stamp is a perpetual stamp that never expires or declines in value. So, if you buy them, at 44 cents a piece, and the price of stamps increases t o46 cents a piece, the forever stamps can be used as a 46 cent stamp, even though they where bought at 44 cents a piece.
They are nice :D

so you could but them for 44cents but use them as postage for 46cents?

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
If it keeps the price of stamps down, I don't mind them being open 5 days a week. Plus with APCs, you can mail most items by yourself 24/7 anyways.

Scobes

Agree 100%. The PO needs to do something else other than hit us with price increases because that has not worked these last few years. The PO is one of the worst run "companies" in the USA.

gwynn_fan

5.00 star(s)
If you buy forever stamps now for $0.44 you can use them to mail a letter to Mars when they cost $100 in 2121...if man is still alive.