7'4" kid..

premium1981

5.00 star(s)
Its more than kind of sad. Almost all of the "overgrown" kids live a miserable short term life. They are plagued with health problems until they die at a very early age. One of the big problems they have is that their organs do not grow at the same pace as their bones and it makes everything have to work twice as hard as a normal person. It really is a sad disease.

Terry Jackson

5.00 star(s)
Its more than kind of sad. Almost all of the "overgrown" kids live a miserable short term life. They are plagued with health problems until they die at a very early age. One of the big problems they have is that their organs do not grow at the same pace as their bones and it makes everything have to work twice as hard as a normal person. It really is a sad disease.
My nephew, who is 25, was born with Marfan Syndrome which is what you describe above. The kid should not be playing football since a lot of kids with Marfan have a conclave chest; they have little protection from body blows like you and I have. My nephew is healthy, but has numerous checkups during the year to check on his growth and health.

Here is a link to the National Marfan Foundation for more information:

http://www.marfan.org/marfan/

Sponsors