A bit of an Ebay Scam? Maaaaaybe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ukiah

Pro
4.90 star(s)
I don't sell much at all on eBay anymore, but just for shucks and yuks I posted a few .99 starters (so I don't pay insertion fees). I've got a question.

Does eBay use some kind bot to make you think your stuff is being looked at more than they really are? I find it hard to believe that 3 people are searching and checking out a 1990 Leaf Ben Mc Donald, David Cone, small lot of 1984 Topps baseball and a bunch of others....ALL within the first 3-7 minutes of posting.

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmmm?"

if you are talking about watched items, sometimes it will show an item as being watched if someone has a search set up for it...once the person clicks on it the watch will go away...not sure why it does that but it does.

Actually, it tracks the number of views AND the watchers. My point is that if they have some kind of a bot showing your views higher...you may be more willing to post other or more items. Obviously, if it shows no one is looking at a given item, your not likely to post any other items similar cuz your not getting your money's worth. Which makes sense.

Nope, I dont think it's a scam. Some people search by "Most Recent" listings. So it is very likely that on a Sunday afternoon, a few people were searching like this and happened to click on your auctions. No conspiracy theories here, Ebay would gain nothing by upping the number of views on your item. It all depends on when you post your items.

Scobes

Yea, don't think it's a scam. Ebay really would not get anything out of giving you bogus views. It's the bids that count, and I know that have 10 extra views would not mean anything to me if there were no extra bids.