A couple questions for people with autograph experiences.

Chicagocubs1990

5.00 star(s)
so i have a few questions hopefully someone can answer them

1. if i get an in person Baseball auto on a ball, but it is not an official mlb ball just an official league, does the auto decrease in value?

2. lets say i have a Game used card and the set has it available to where you can pull a regular game used of a player, or a GU auto. and i take that GU that is not autographed and get it in person..is the card worth the same as it would be in Beckett?

please someone let me know.

Thanks

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
1. Yes, most collectors prefer the auto to be on a official MLB baseball. Though anything without a COA isn't going to sell well so that may be a moot point.

2. Is the question would a GU card that you got autographed be the same value in Beckett as the one in the series that comes already autographed? If that is the case then it would be a no. The card carries a COA on the back of it while yours would not have one so it would not equal the value. If people question the auto the card may now be worth even less than the regular GU version alone.

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
1. Yes, most collectors prefer the auto to be on a official MLB baseball. Though anything without a COA isn't going to sell well so that may be a moot point.

2. Is the question would a GU card that you got autographed be the same value in Beckett as the one in the series that comes already autographed? If that is the case then it would be a no. The card carries a COA on the back of it while yours would not have one so it would not equal the value. If people question the auto the card may now be worth even less than the regular GU version alone.
2nd this !

Virtually any card that has some value on it's own that's autographed and doesn't have an ironclad coa is worth less than the card would be without the auto.

Sponsors