A disaster with a happy ending.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiffany7

Prospect
I just posted for the first time, and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I'm pretty sure I haven't used Photobucket since junior high when I was into Myspace.

Anyway, I decided I would post what I got at Spring Training.
I only ended up being there 3 days, and it was a giant catastrophe.

For anyone who cares to hear what happened, I believe I have quite a story. Everytime I retell it, I die laughing. :D

I'm from Texas, I graduated in 2010, and for my graduation trip I decided I wanted to go to Spring Training.

Well, I drove my grandma and I to a hotel right by DFW airport, where we were suppose to spend the night because we had an early flight to Arizona.
We overslept and missed it, so we booked another flight out the next morning.

I decided to make the best of the day. We went over to the Dallas Aquarium.
I'm a science nerd and I like that sort of thing, but while we were there someone stole my grandma's wallet with her I.D. in it and like $300 in cash.
So that night I had to drive us two hours back to Wichita Falls to get another form of I.D. to board the plane, and then two more hours back to DFW.

On the way back to DFW, a state trooper pulled me over because my license plate light was out and I forgot to renew my tags. Oh, and to top it all off, my driver's license was back at the hotel in DFW. Luckily, she was so nice and let me off with a warning. I'm pretty sure I would have cried if she gave me a ticket. When we finally made it back to the hotel I got nearly 2 hours of sleep before it was time to go to the airport.

Then, when our flight landed we realized we couldn't pick up our rental car because I am not yet 21 and my grandma didn't have her license because it was in her stolen wallet.
I finally called a shuttle service and got us out to the Ranger's ST in Surprise, Arizona. Although, we were pretty much stuck at our hotel for the duration of the trip minus a few excursions with our friends who drove from Texas.

I made it out to the complex a couple days though and out to a couple of games. I got a horrible sunburn the third day I was there and by the time it was time to come home, I was more than ready.
I did have a lot of fun though. The highlight of my trip was getting Michael Young's autograph for the first time.
I want to go back, but we are definitely driving next time. lol

And now for the fruit of my labor.....

Scott Feldman, Brandon Webb, and Derek Holland
3502.jpg

Michael Young and Michael Kirkman
348.jpg

Then I got these at the ballpark a few weeks ago when we played the Royals.

Matt Treanor who walked right by us in the parking lot with his wife, Misty.
Michael Young numbered to 150
3552.jpg

Joakim Soria & Jeff Francis
354.jpg

Ned Yost, who was also in the parking lot after the game
Luke Hochevar
Wilson Betemit

3522.jpg

Congrats
Nice pickups
Job well done.Sounds like you had a great time and then didnt have such a good time Everything turned out for the best for you
Chief

Sorry the trip started out bad but it ended on some really great times. Congrats on your in person pick ups!