A good site for coins

porkchops

5.00 star(s)
My wife recently inherited a collection and neither
of us know much about this thing.
Can anyone recommend any sites for good information?
Thanks,
Ken

cdahlk2001

5.00 star(s)
if u have silver dollars...like alot. the best is auction them. can get a pretty penny for them. my dad picks them up around 12-15 but sees alot sell 25+ pretty nice.

The Quarter Box

5.00 star(s)
Ken,

I am a member of the Atlantic County Numismatic Society. We meet each month at the Linwood Public Library. If that is not to far to travel for you, it's a great way to get information. We meet on the first Wed of each month. Here's a link to the site:

http://www.accoins.org/Welcome.html

---Frank

porkchops

5.00 star(s)
Thanks Frank,
Linwood isn't far at all,that might be something I'd
like to check out.
Is it pretty much for U.S.coins or are there people into
foreign as well? She has both as well as some ancient?
Ken

The Quarter Box

5.00 star(s)
Thanks Frank,
Linwood isn't far at all,that might be something I'd
like to check out.
Is it pretty much for U.S.coins or are there people into
foreign as well? She has both as well as some ancient?
Ken
There is one member that specializes in ancient. Some that do collect forgeign, while the majority collects US. Members bring in their past copies of numistic magazines They offer a ton of information, and are free. (Had to break my son of the habit of grabbing 5 every month!) Each month a different topic is discussed. For example, we just talked about taking photos of coins to include in auctions. I believe the bulk of the discussion this month will be the upcoming phila. show. But the social hour starts at 6 and thats a great time to get to know people. It's a friendly group and I'm sure all will be willing to help any way they can. I try to get there close to 6, and always have my little one with me.

---Frank

Sponsors