A New Sports Trivia Quiz - Check First Post

Boots

5.00 star(s)
Here's another sports trivia quiz that my present different challenges than the one that has been long-running on this forum. Not trying to usurp the other thread, just hoping to add to the fun:

http://dailytrivia.org/category/sports/

Enjoy!

Boots

Boots

5.00 star(s)
It's also different since it's not multiple choice!. Makes it tougher, which is why some who daily play the other quiz won't even try this one.

Rabs

5.00 star(s)
It's also different since it's not multiple choice!. Makes it tougher, which is why some who daily play the other quiz won't even try this one.

Yeah multiple choice would have helped.

What other quiz are you talking about though?

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
https://thebenchtrading.com/showthr...ia-tournament-Prize-for-8-12-09-see-last-page

One member plays it daily, but he won't play this one because I started the thread.

Maybe it is because the topic is always Pete Alonso and the questions are as follows

1) Is Pete Alonso better than Willie Mays? A: Yes
2 Is Pete Alonso better than Babe Ruth A; Yes
3) Was Pete Alonso named after Pete Rose? A No. Pete Rose was named after Pete Alonso
4) Does Clay Bellanger wish Pete Alonso was his son instead of that other guy? A Yes, of course

and on and on it goes. Pete Alonso trivia for the masses.

Boots

5.00 star(s)
No, it's because he has to type in the answers. And because he didn't start it and can't control it.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
I think I got 2 right last week. Today when I clicked on the link,, there wasn't any quiz. It had the sports category, but the meat of the page was blank.

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
Is there some drama with the old daily quiz going on? I don't think the creator is even active anymore (Frank - Quarter Box). Looks like only 4-5 people have been fairly daily players. I just rediscovered it after years, but simply put, it is hard to remember and I am outmatched. I am not super competitive, but If I figure to lose 2/3 of the time, if becomes less fun. I guess it can be fun to see how you do just for you, but as I see more and more questions repeat, even the testing of your own knowledge for the fun of it becomes less fun. I am hoping to hold onto the crown today, retire with a hat trick in my last 3 tries w/ 10 wins for the month and let the champ roll on...

I'd try your quiz, but probably wouldn't score real high, mainly because is appears to cover many sports. My trivia knowledge is mostly strong in baseball. Now an all baseball one might be more appealing to me personally.

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
Just tried it. One suggestion I would offer, don't ask for multiple answers in a single question. It just makes it cleaner, although requiring 4 answers vs 1 makes it that much harder. I got a few partials on the multiples. I think I had a correct answer for the ASG question, but it showed Alomars. Did it mean in the same game? Pedro and Ramon Martinez both played in ASGs in the 90s too.

Giving myself the Martinez answer, I got 3. i guess it is the honor system too, as I saw no score. Jalen Rose was one of my flower answers too, but he didn't show up.

Not knocking the game, just needs some tweaks to make it better.