about claude cmcjr99

spazmeister68

Prospect
form what I can gather...I was taking out of the loop by the family.....rich cousin took my name off the hospital's contact list....he hasnt called me in 6 weeks and we was friends 28 years....Im gathering he passed sometime late aug. sorry but I have been dealing with things ...if he hasnt accessed the football fantasy league he is no longer with us....Im thinking within a week after he went into ICU

SymphonicMetal

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
That is too bad. When I first saw this topic posted, I had a feeling the outcome was not going to be good considering Claude's well known health issues.

This last health issue must have come out of the blue since Claude had started some extensive set building projects that could only be categorized as "long Term".

If someone knows his last name, you might be able to do an online search and find an obituary for him in one of his local newspapers.

If Claude has indeed passed that is a big loss for this site as he is by far the most knowledgeable member on The Bench that I have come across when it comes to sportscards.

PRosefan1

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Well, this sucks. Spaz, I’m sorry that his family did that to you. And if Claude did indeed pass, well, that just sucks too

spazmeister68

Prospect
That is too bad. When I first saw this topic posted, I had a feeling the outcome was not going to be good considering Claude's well known health issues.

This last health issue must have come out of the blue since Claude had started some extensive set building projects that could only be categorized as "long Term".

If someone knows his last name, you might be able to do an online search and find an obituary for him in one of his local newspapers.

If Claude has indeed passed that is a big loss for this site as he is by far the most knowledgeable member on The Bench that I have come across when it comes to sportscards.
I know almost as much as he did....he was just able to predict and beat the next trend most the time.......I just have a family and cant spend the time on here he did...he was good about who the next star to sky-rocket would be....and what products or type of were going to be moving upward

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Our condolences and prayers. Claude was a nice guy and as Jeff and many others have said, very knowledgeable.

May he rest in peace.

Kevin

zlw1

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I'm very saddened to hear this. He was a wonderful person here on the forum. We made several trades and he joined several of my breaks. We could always strike up a conversation on whatever in the hobby.
If it is true, RIP Claude!

Chavezforprez

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I did a search in the obituaries for Claude McCullough Jr., but nothing popped up. Just an obit for his father. I hope that this is a sign that he's still with us, but still recovering.

Billy

metsman1986

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I did a search in the obituaries for Claude McCullough Jr., but nothing popped up. Just an obit for his father. I hope that this is a sign that he's still with us, but still recovering.

Billy
I did the same and came up with nothing...........Could be in hospice/rehabilitation following the discharge from the hospital...........Just concentrating on his health at this point...........Hoping thinking though..........

mrmopar

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
The same message was shared on the FCB site and it brought me here. Seeing the name posted, I did some looking myself, but found nothing that would indicate he had passed away. Then again, printed/online obituaries seem to be a dying (no pun intended) tradition now. You are more apt to see people posting tribute messages on a facebook page or other social media now, if that person is active on those platforms. I did find his facebook page and saw that he was apparently having some major financial struggles. I found the situation very sad, especially if he had rich relatives, as it seems there was nobody willing/able to help him out. Most postings were pre-covid too, so that situation has only caused more struggle with a lot of folks.

We all come online, mostly anonymously, on sites like these. We build rapport with each other, but most of us never really get to know other members beyond our daily comments/discussions and trades. Some take it a step further with direct communications (phone/test) and even fewer take it to the extreme and meet, but I'd guess that is fairly rare.

I know speaking from personal experience, I have met a couple ebay sellers, but these were more local transactional meets. I can't say I have developed a true friendship with those folks. I have to my knowledge, met only one card site member in person and this was after getting to know this person online and through trades and phone calls for 20 years! I call this person a real friend and although we have only met the 1 time now, we have been in communication for about 25 years now.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
The same message was shared on the FCB site and it brought me here. Seeing the name posted, I did some looking myself, but found nothing that would indicate he had passed away. Then again, printed/online obituaries seem to be a dying (no pun intended) tradition now. You are more apt to see people posting tribute messages on a facebook page or other social media now, if that person is active on those platforms. I did find his facebook page and saw that he was apparently having some major financial struggles. I found the situation very sad, especially if he had rich relatives, as it seems there was nobody willing/able to help him out. Most postings were pre-covid too, so that situation has only caused more struggle with a lot of folks.

We all come online, mostly anonymously, on sites like these. We build rapport with each other, but most of us never really get to know other members beyond our daily comments/discussions and trades. Some take it a step further with direct communications (phone/test) and even fewer take it to the extreme and meet, but I'd guess that is fairly rare.

I know speaking from personal experience, I have met a couple ebay sellers, but these were more local transactional meets. I can't say I have developed a true friendship with those folks. I have to my knowledge, met only one card site member in person and this was after getting to know this person online and through trades and phone calls for 20 years! I call this person a real friend and although we have only met the 1 time now, we have been in communication for about 25 years now.
@mrmopar

You said it very well, and I realize that inasmuch as many of us interact here for the sake of our shared hobby, it is a blessing to have such a great community, and I definitely have some members on here I would call good friends! It is awesome to be able to meet and get to know folks on the level of this shared interest of ours, though each of us collects something slightly different, its what makes the world go round!

Continuing prayers for Claude and his family, and for everyone else on the Bench, hoping everyone stays healthy going into the Holiday Season, coming up here soon!

Blessings,

Kevin