Active MLB Monday.

tim815

5.00 star(s)
Heyward to the Cardinals, with Shelby Miller going to Atlanta. One other guy both ways.

Russell Martin to the Jays for five years.

Both on my trip to the post office.

Rabs

5.00 star(s)
Braves are in a rebuilding phase already with their new GM. We more than likely wouldn't have paid to keep Heyward after 2015 since he will be a FA. So it makes sense to let him go. I just hope we got something worthwhile in return and have a plan for a RF.

Jeb67

5.00 star(s)
I think it was a good deal for both teams.Braves get a very good young pitcher under team control for 4 years and a nice pitching prospect.Cardinals get a good albeit expensive right fielder in Jason Heyward and a nice bullpen piece in Jordan Walden.Though this deal probably would not have happened if not for the tragic death of Oscar Taveras.

Rabs

5.00 star(s)
I think it was a good deal for both teams.Braves get a very good young pitcher under team control for 4 years and a nice pitching prospect.Cardinals get a good albeit expensive right fielder in Jason Heyward and a nice bullpen piece in Jordan Walden.Though this deal probably would not have happened if not for the tragic death of Oscar Taveras.
Nope Taveras's death left an OF hole for the Cardinals which is now filled but maybe for only one year if Heyward tests the market.