All set! Mods, this thread can be closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soxfan33

5.00 star(s)
Got it! Thanks everyone!

Thanks,
John

Last edited:

MrBlackisBack

4.90 star(s)
In the store menu at the top there should be a selection for "authorize this computer." This is just if you are looking to be able to play the music on your computer that you have purchased on another computer. There is no way to "re-download" the music through itunes. You would need some sort of external storage device to transfer files from one machine to the other.

Last edited:

Soxfan33

5.00 star(s)
In the store menu at the top there should be a selection for "authorize this computer." This is just if you are looking to be able to play the music on your computer that you have purchased on another computer. There is no way to "re-download" the music through itunes. You would need some sort of external storage device to transfer files from one machine to the other.

I'll give it a try. I thought I did that, but it doesn't have my purchases listed under the Itunes store tab, like it was before. When I authorized it, I received a notice that my songs are now on 2 computers of 5, but I still can't access any of my music.

Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot!

John

MrBlackisBack

4.90 star(s)
The purchases menu is specific to each computer and only accounts for purchases made on that computer. Unfortunately, the only way to get the music that you purchased on your old computer to your new one is to save all of your music files to an external hard drive and then plug it into your new one, then transfer the files over.

brewerfan34

5.00 star(s)
I'm in the same boat my computer crashed earlier this year and needless to say it was not backed up. iTunes go iBye!!

Frank

slavlite

5.00 star(s)
You can transfer songs from your ipod directly to a new computer. Without a 3rd party app. It is labor intensive but has saved me from having to re - rip hundreds of cd's in the past.

First you have to have windows set to show hidden folders
plug in your Ipod, if itunes auto starts close it out
Start Menu > my computer > ipod so your ipod is open in a window as if it is a flash drive
With hidden folders set to show there should be a ghosty folder called music folder or something.
You need to click and drag that folder to your my music folder
once it is done saving ( which can take a while depending on how much music you have on your pod)
You'll be able to open that folder in your my music folder
The songs will all have weird names and such and it usually saves them into multiple folders.
Open itunes back up and start opening individual folders and selecting all files within the folder and drag them into your library on itunes, it will add them
then repeat thru all folders.

last time I did it I had 76 folders to do this with, it took a while, but still faster than re ripping cds etc.

Do not move that folder once you have added all of the songs to itunes, as itunes remembers them in the directory you pulled them out of so if you move that folder out of My Music itunes wont be able to play the song because it wont know where the folder is.

Hope that helps.

Soxfan33

5.00 star(s)
OK. I spent hours last night working on "home share", trying everything that Apple's website says, and what everyone on here has said. My itunes says that both of my computers are "authorized" and that home share is on, but I still don't have access to my music!!!! VERY FRUSTRATED! That is why they have this feature, so that people with 2 computers can access the same music on up to 5 computers in their home.

Doesn't help that Apple offers NO TELEPHONE service for people with PCs! I have to now wait 48 hours for someone to contact me.

I added a CD to my external hard drive, but itunes won't let me add it to my library. I have no clue what else to do.

Any other suggestions?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.