All sports trivia tournament--Prize for 8/12/09-see last page

HoosierBuddy

5.00 star(s)
I'd definitely take out the wrestling questions, and probably the poker questions, too. Boxing ... I know nothing about boxing, but I'd imagine there might be some boxing fans in our crowd.

lep1010

5.00 star(s)
please dont get rid of the boxing ... it's the only one I got correct :eek: ..... I definetly can do without the wrestling but again we may have other members that enjoy westling ..... maybe do a poll thread and take out the highest one? ...... you didnt miss a day of questions, there was a daylight savings bug so the site reset this problem so noone missed a day - erik

The Quarter Box

5.00 star(s)
New categories have been selected. I took into consideration the advice expressed here. I also found out I could see the difficulty levels for each of the quizzes associated with a particular category (I didn't know that before).

These should make for a more enjoyable game, hopefully challenging enough so that speed won't be the only real determaining factor.

One thing though, I had assumed it would start the next day, but was incorrect. So instead of going back to the old categories (and possibly resetting the question pool), I left the new categories and closed the tourney for today. It will be up again for tomorrow. I know it will skew the point totals a bit, but more fair than having different players using different categories.

---Frank

The Quarter Box

5.00 star(s)
LOL, who faced who on a particular day was not what I expected from that category. As you can see by my score today, I had no clue. As a matter of fact, the only one I got right was the poker question, and that was a guess as well.

BTW, the new categories are:

MLB HOF
MLB Historical
Baseball Cards
NFL Mixture
NBA Historical
Boxing Mixture
USA by Numbers--This will be mixed sports
One of the examples used for this was:

What's the distance to the centerfield wall at Veterans Stadium?

---Frank

Last edited:

theguru14

5.00 star(s)
You should have left it the way it was. I dont know crap about wrestling, but I am cool with that. I do know some poker though.:D

PS-Why cant I take todays trivia? Wouldnt that make me a day behind?

Last edited:

The Quarter Box

5.00 star(s)
Let me hear some opinions on the new categories.

I think I like them so far. Todays questions I thought were very reasonable. Nothing way out there that almost nobody would know. I am disappointed I only got 5. Yesterdays questions were a good lot as well (and you thought you knew baseball cards!). It looks as though 7's and 8's will be good scores, with times in the high 50's-low 60's. I think that'll make for a very competitive tournament.

Let me hear what you think.

Thank you,
---Frank

The Quarter Box

5.00 star(s)
Well, it seems that 7 is the mark for this tournament.
I haven't taken it today yet, but I must warn you--I was at a Holiday Inn all day. :D

---Frank