All sports trivia tournament--Prize for 8/12/09-see last page

The Quarter Box

5.00 star(s)
What happen to all the players we had Tuesday?

Went from a high of 25 down to just 14 yesterday!

OK, I'll tell you what I'll do----

The person who finishes in 17th place will receive a #ed card of a baseball HOF'er.

So now, even if you don't think you'll do well, you have a shot at a prize!

---Frank

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
What happen to all the players we had Tuesday?

Went from a high of 25 down to just 14 yesterday!

OK, I'll tell you what I'll do----

The person who finishes in 17th place will receive a #ed card of a baseball HOF'er.

So now, even if you don't think you'll do well, you have a shot at a prize!

---Frank

Excellent i love #'d cards of hall of famers-As bad as i am playing 17th place
maybe just were i'll finish

scottzoe

5.00 star(s)
It's still early in the month, but we are setting up for a good battle for first. Just one point between the top two!

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Tomorrow will probably be my last day playing for a little while because I have to drive to Chicago and move my family out here to Connecticut. I was in first place too!!!

pltcards

5.00 star(s)
Man , can you play out there? How do you see the standings? thanks Pat, Have a great time and a great holiday.

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Right at the top you can click on standings and it will show you the standings for the month. All of our stuff is going to be packed up and moved out here to Connecticut so I will not have a computer for a little while. My wife's laptop may work.

scottzoe

5.00 star(s)
Tomorrow will probably be my last day playing for a little while because I have to drive to Chicago and move my family out here to Connecticut. I was in first place too!!!

That's too bad, you have a commanding lead right now. It would be very unlikely for anyone to catch you if you played every day. But it's just a game. Have a safe move and I'm sure we will see back in first when you return.

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
Does the change of categories mean there won't be a round today/tomorrow?

I'll check back tomorrow before 10PM just in case!!

The Quarter Box

5.00 star(s)
Changes are made and the game is again open.

I think I selected categories that everyone will like, while at the same time keeping it challenging enough for both enjoyment and competition.

How's your golf game Curt?

---Frank

The Quarter Box

5.00 star(s)
For an explaination of the one question yesterday (1/15--first black player in the National League)

In 1879 (or there abouts, I'm doing this from memory) a black player (Bill White) fooled the owners and was signed by the Providence team. He played opening day, and raised a lot of eyebrows. His secret revealed, he was released.

Once the questions are answered, under the answer is a link to the original quiz in which it was taken. I went there to find the explaination. I guess the info is only as good as the person that made the quiz. I haven't checked the facts, and don't care to, but feel free if you wish.

---Frank

scottzoe

5.00 star(s)
Wow!!!!!

Frank,
Thanks for the great Pedro card! That was really too much, I love it!
Thanks again,
Scott