An American Great Passes away at 91.

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
A damaged and most likely misunderstood man for most of his life. I doubt they will ever see the light of day but it would be very interesting to read some of what he has written and hidden in that room over the last 50 years.

robert326

4.90 star(s)
A damaged and most likely misunderstood man for most of his life. I doubt they will ever see the light of day but it would be very interesting to read some of what he has written and hidden in that room over the last 50 years.

That's for sure. Salinger was a true enigma as a person...someone famous who tried so hard to not be considered famous. Catcher in the Rye was one of the few assigned readings in English class that I actually finished and enjoyed.

entersandman

5.00 star(s)
Some people in this world crave the spotlight in this world. JD Salinger was by far not one of them. Perhaps his closed life was more interesting than even the book itself.

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
Before reading it in high school I thought it was about baseball. :D

I recall that this was the first book that I "had" to read with cursing in it. I was reading it during study hall when I came upon them. When I came across the words, I had to read it a couple of times to make sure that I was reading it correctly. :eek:

JJLevitsky

5.00 star(s)
Takes me back to Freshman English in high school. Still one of my favorite books ever. One of these days I am going to have to read it again. Truly a great and misunderstood human being.

Thanks,

Jeff