An Ebay Question

bluewatertrader

5.00 star(s)
I sold a 14 Panini Gold Age Loretta Swit Auto go to invoice the buyer and this message pops up has anybody ever expierenced this been selling on ebay for nearly 10 years never this before.

The item(s) will ship using the Global Shipping Program. As part of the program, buyer directly pays international shipping and import charges to the third-party shipping provider. The buyer will still be able to complete checkout even if you don't send an invoice.

cmcjr99

5.00 star(s)
simple answer - your buyer is not in the US and you apparently have opted in (or at the very least have not opted OUT of) the global shipping program....

it's touted as a great way to reach millions more potential customers without having to pay the cost of international shipping or deal with tracking international packages....personally i opted out and would NEVER use it due to one of its biggest drawbacks : while buyers pay the seller shipping based on domestic shipping and sellers only have to get it to a US facility , when that facility forwards everything to its destination , buyers often get slammed with enormous taxes , tariffs , and duties (far more than those for the same packages being sent directly from the sellers) as it goes through customs...as a result , there are many furious international buyers who blame the seller and often those turn into nightmarish return scenarios....

Last edited:

bluewatertrader

5.00 star(s)
simple answer - your buyer is not in the US and you apparently have opted in (or at the very least have not opted OUT of) the global shipping program....

it's touted as a great way to reach millions more potential customers without having to pay the cost of international shipping or deal with tracking international packages....personally i opted out and would NEVER use it due to obne of its biggest drawbacks : while buyers pay the seller shipping based on domestic shipping and sellers only have to get it to a US facility , when that facility forwards everything to its destination , buyers often hit slammed with enormous taxes , tariffs , and duties (far more than those for the same packages being sent directly from the sellers)...as a result , there are many furious interantional buyers who blame the seller and often those turn into nightmarish return scenarios....

Wow that is good to know but I am seeing this a complete nightmare~But I guess I am going to have to send~I would consider giving them a full refund but I wonder if they would leave negative FB

sandman43103

5.00 star(s)
I have sold a couple of items to international buyers through the Global SHipping Program and they know in advance how much shipping/fees will be in advance. While it may be way easier for the seller to send via the program, it costs buyers way more and could dissuade them from buying. If I ever sell again, I plan to remove myself from the program and ship directly. Two major perks to the whole program is that you pay the normal $1.93 through Paypal for shipping and that's it...all other costs are paid by the buyer directly to Paypal/eBay and you are removed of liability for the item once it's accepted in Kentucky.