An Update On Bench Member Paul Atkinson (mj23bullsfan)

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
Benchies - I received a letter from our buddy Paul today (mj23bullsfan). He has ran into some hard times over the past couple of months, as I imagine quite a few of us have with the way the economy has turned. Myself included. Paul wrote me to ask if I would pass along the information I'm about to share with his friends on The Bench.

Paul went on vacation 4th of July weekend, to see his daughter and grandchildren in PA. When he returned home he found out his brother, who is also his roommate, had just up and moved out. This put Paul in a situation where he had to cut off internet, phone, tv etc... so he could catch up the 2 months rent his brother hadn't been paying. Soon after he caught up the rent, he received an eviction notice.

He had to start looking for a new place to stay. He was able to find a new place very close to his job. Between paying first and last security payment, switching utilities he said he been, well, broke. He then mentions that he is settled in and hoping to get everything up and running within the next months or so.

His work place has slowed down and they've laid of 80 people so far. He also mentions that there are rumors he will be in the next group of 30 to be laid off, but it should only be for a couple of months.

Paul does mention the fact that he has some open trades or pending deals with a few members and will do his best to get those loose ends tied up as soon as possible. He does mention a couple folks by name. entersandman and koolsta. I will be sending you guys a PM shortly after this post is made to update you with the information I have and his new address incase you would like to communicate with him that way. He just happened to find my address in a stack of papers by chance.

One last thing I wanted to mention and I can't stress this enough, is that Paul says numerous times in his letter that he is "very sorry" and to "please apologize to everyone for me". He hopes we can understand and that his history here with us has proven that this is not and will not be normal practice for him.

I think any of us that have been around here for a while know that Paul is a genuine person. Prior to this bad situation he is in know, Paul was a proven asset to our community. I believe he will do everything within his power to make right any open deals he has.

I'm sure Paul appreciate you guys taking the time to read this. I know he looks forward to being able to get back on The Bench!

Thanks
Craig

*If anyone else needs Paul's address, please just PM me and I will get it to you. Although if you just wait a day or so I will be asking one of the members of the Mod-Squad All-Stars to update it as Paul has requested.

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
Paul - I just wanted to be the first to say that I hope things turn around for you quickly and everything is back to normal by the time you are able to read this!

Thanks
Craig

tigerbulldog13

I haven't had the pleasure of trading with Paul yet but I hope his situation gets better soon! Best of luck, I'm sure the traders will understand!

~Andrew

casket

5.00 star(s)
I can relate with Paul's ordeal as I work for Chrysler or Fiat or whoever it is anymore.....off works for 6 months and another 3 months in the past 15 months..........I hope Paul gets out of trouble soon and gets back to his normal life! Best wishes!

Carl

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Hi Paul! I hope things get better for you real soon and before you know it....you'll be back trading on The Bench! Best regards, David

Last edited:

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
Paul certainly seems like a great guy. Hope he lands on his feet. Maybe sending a Jordan, W. Payton or Pippen his way might help cheer him up!

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Paul certainly seems like a great guy. Hope he lands on his feet. Maybe sending a Jordan, W. Payton or Pippen his way might help cheer him up!

Plus he had the box trade that was being routed around to other members that was losted! Sounds like a good idea! Best regards, David

Tim Carroll

5.00 star(s)
Paul, when you read this - I hope you know we understand! Hope it all gets better soon for you!!

To anyone he has open trades with: I do not mind pitching in to help him tie up the loose ends on these trades. PM me with the details of what you are to receive, and I will try to help him out by finishing off the deals.

Tim

Fatboycards

5.00 star(s)
im just extremely relieved to hear that Paul is ok .I hope he is able to get back on his feet soon. I too will offer my vast football collection to hel p clean up any of his traade. Just drop me a pm as to what is owed .i will try and come up with the card or cards or something you can be satifised with.

Last edited:

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Wow, sorry to hear that Paul is having so much trouble. It seems every day we read about a bunch of people losing their jobs. Hopfeully things will be turning around for everyone soon.

On a related note, I just read the thread about the box trade. All I can say is that I feel really bad about that happening. Can't believe someone would steal all those cards.

Konel07

4.90 star(s)
I havent had the pleasure of trading with him yet! just tell him to keep his head up and good things will come
good luck
~Chris

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
Hey Paul
I hope everything works out for the best for you. I also will try and help out anyone who he has trades with . Just let me know
Thnaks
Chief

tigerace14

5.00 star(s)
Paul...you are in my thoughts and prayers! We do have an outstanding trade (I mean, you just haven't marked it rec'd on your end, and I'm in no MEANS worried about it)...I knew something had to be wrong, because you and I have traded many times.

I'm so glad Craig informed us all....I was off four months myself and it's been rough, and all of us understand for sure. Hurry back when you can, my friend. Anything I can do to help you, I WILL..:)

Diane

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
What a great community we have here !!!!!!!!

I too would be willing to help finish off Pauls's trades.

I'm just glad to hear it wasn't something like a car wreck where he got seriously injured.

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
Don't know how I missed this thread!

Paul is a super guy, every now and then I get a package in the mail from him with some neat addition to my collection. Out of the blue he sends me low numbered Banks GU or something else sweet! Last card show I was at I tried really hard to find something cool for him but everything was so overpriced.

Paul lives pretty close to me and I know how it is around here. Used to be solid and then all of a sudden the area seemed to catch up with the bad juju. My wife has been out of work for 5 months and me for 4 so things are getting tight.

bmike1983

4.90 star(s)
I am wondering if anyone else would be interested in doing this or collecting these for paul. I have a handful of cards here that might help him out in his loss of the box trade and brighten his day. Craig lmk if you would be interested in collecting cards and I can send some your way for him. I will also pm you. thanks Mike