Annoying Ebay Rant!

ArodYanksFan

5.00 star(s)
I know we all have these annoying ebay stories but I will share mine today.

I bought a collection off ebay for about $122. It said it was going to be 4000-5000 cards and all of the cards pictured would be included. Also it said it would comes with GU, Autos, Inserts, Refractors, Serial Numbered, ect ect ect.

So I thought I got a great deal!

Until the box came...they came in a medium postal box with no protection. So most of the cards were gone right there. I also new that there was no way 4-5000 cards would be in that box (I counted and it was like 2200). Also a bunch of the pictured cards were missing from the box haha.

Insert? Stars? Serial Numbered? Ect? Um those were the pictured cards...everything else was junk. I got 103 Bernie Williams Cards. Not one Arod, Pujols, Jeter, Manning, Brady, or any big name star.

So I question the seller on all of this and he said it was a big mistake and would make it up to me...

I got box number two...he put in some rookie cards to make up for the ones missing in the first box...nothing amazing trust me. $1-$5 BV on some of them. Then packed the rest of the box with 1980s-Early 1990s commons and the kicker????? In the listing it said "Mostly Baseball and Football with some Basketball"...Well in this box it was half filled with HOCKEY!!!!

Ok im done ranting. It was horrible, it was a rip off, and yet people still buy from this guy because they probably aren't into cards as much as I am and know what they are worth. He prays on those who don't know much about them and is very successful with that. Don't worry I won't include this persons name or ebay ID.

jdthakid36

5.00 star(s)
Wow man, that sucks. I have always wanted to buy a collection on-line. If I ever do, I will probably go after one of the dealers that basically sells his entire stock...and i'm sure it would cost thousands...

Best of luck in the future. It's a shame that some people can sleep at night the way they do business. My wife bought a counterfiet Nolan Ryan rookie a few years back...and she was so disappointed when I told her it was fake. Low and behold, she got back on and bought me a real one...

jflan702

5.00 star(s)
I would file as item not as described and go for the refund. Also, let us know who it is so we can stay away.

thanks,

ArodYanksFan

5.00 star(s)
Im not even going to bother with a refund. The reason is, I would have to send back both boxes of cards costing me over $20 in shipping fees. So its not worth losing that also. I'll do the best I can with the cards I got. I was just upset that he would do it to me twice.

I dont want to post the name because this person may or may not be a member on this site or others. I have a strange feeling this person is. But I could be totally wrong.

Linn

5.00 star(s)
I imagine this is the same guy I bought a "4000-5000" card lot from; I paid $112 for mine. The lot was missing 10 of the gu/auto cards pictured. I pointed that out, and he said he would mail me the 10 cards. He said he mailed them last Thursday; I should get them in the next couple of days. I'll let you know what I get.

Aside from the cards listed, I had tons of duplicates, which was disappointing. That said, he didn't say "no duplicates," so shame on me for not expecting that.

Did you leave a negative feedback? The guy I bought from has only one negative feedback. I'm waiting to leave feedback until I see whether he makes right.

Linn

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Thanks for the warning....I'm going to stay away from these types of auctions! Best regards, David

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
Im not even going to bother with a refund. The reason is, I would have to send back both boxes of cards costing me over $20 in shipping fees. So its not worth losing that also.

ummmm, right now you're out $122. If you spend $20 to get that back then you'd only be out 20 bucks.

ArodYanksFan

5.00 star(s)
I imagine this is the same guy I bought a "4000-5000" card lot from; I paid $112 for mine. The lot was missing 10 of the gu/auto cards pictured. I pointed that out, and he said he would mail me the 10 cards. He said he mailed them last Thursday; I should get them in the next couple of days. I'll let you know what I get.

Aside from the cards listed, I had tons of duplicates, which was disappointing. That said, he didn't say "no duplicates," so shame on me for not expecting that.

Did you leave a negative feedback? The guy I bought from has only one negative feedback. I'm waiting to leave feedback until I see whether he makes right.

Linn

Same person. He just said to me today that he was still going make make things right and resend more cards to make up for the hockey cards he sent. Why he sent me hockey cards I dont know, but they werent even in the listing. I just dont want to share this persons name yet unless you want to.