• ATTENTION: Do you have a local card shop near you? If so, please help us out by adding their location into our new card shop tool.

Another ebay gripe!

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Bench Founder
Need to vent....

I make and sell custom decals on ebay. 70% of the stuff is custom cut to your requirements the other 30% is stock images that are cut to the color of your choice.

My item descriptions are very clear that you need to contact me before bidding so I can create a sample for your approval, it amazes me how many people don't bother to read the description. So 2 days ago I get a message from someone that purchased a stock image decal and was upset it came in white and not in black. #1 he never put in a request for Black #2 my item description states Default color is WHITE. So instead of owning up to his mistake he claims that he did send me a message with his color preference.

But my big gripe is....had some clown file a claim because item wasn't as described. She claims she selected a certain size etc at checkout. I explain to her that I don't have a store and the only way an item on ebay has options at checkout is if they are in an EBAY store. She escalates the claim and I call ebay, after they reviewed it ebay tells me I was not at fault and have nothing to worry about. Today they take the payment and give it back to the buyer. WTF!!!!!!!

Can't win!!!!

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Bench Founder
Ebay owns paypal. Here is the message from ebay.

eBay Customer Support comments:
"eBay has decided to refund the buyer. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation."

Final decision:
You were not found at fault.

Transaction information:
Any remaining funds from this PayPal transaction are available.

The negative is still in my feedback and the money was taken from my paypal account.

Jaybo374

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Unreal. If everything is stated in your item description, then the buyer is at fault for not reading it correctly. This is why I would never sell on EBay.

metsman1986

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Pretty self explanatory in the description.........Looks like the neg hurt worse more than what you have in the product............Still crappy, about like that one decal says.........IT!

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Unreal. If everything is stated in your item description, then the buyer is at fault for not reading it correctly. This is why I would never sell on EBay.

Agreed, I keep away, and while it is a great site for some, its really frustrating when people get on there and escalate claims etc. I have had bad experiences, and it seems that the seller is never right, the buyer gets refunded most of the time from what I have heard.