Another Ebay Horror Story!

ArodYanksFan

5.00 star(s)
How's this one:

Ebay is a great place for all of us to find out players cards at cheap prices so I needed this card:

2002 Hot Prospects Red Hot Materials Bat Tino Martinez /50 $25.00

So I found it in the Buy it now for $2.00!!!! With $2.50 shipping. So I bought it...

Card came today:

2002 Hot Prospects Hot Materials Bat Tino Martinez $10.00 (Which I have)

With a note saying sorry there was a typo and the card wasn't numbered. But in the picture it showed the card I thought I was buying (Red Foil). So I know they have the card, but they must have realized it was $25.00 BV and didn't want to give it to me for $4.50.

They refunded my money and told me to keep the card, but im so mad because its a hard card to find so I thought I was getting a deal...chalk one more horrible story up!

entersandman

5.00 star(s)
keep an eye on the seller. If you see him put that card up then file a eba claim against him. otherwise at least u got a fre card.

bdink25

5.00 star(s)
How's this one:

Ebay is a great place for all of us to find out players cards at cheap prices so I needed this card:

2002 Hot Prospects Red Hot Materials Bat Tino Martinez /50 $25.00

So I found it in the Buy it now for $2.00!!!! With $2.50 shipping. So I bought it...

Card came today:

2002 Hot Prospects Hot Materials Bat Tino Martinez $10.00 (Which I have)

With a note saying sorry there was a typo and the card wasn't numbered. But in the picture it showed the card I thought I was buying (Red Foil). So I know they have the card, but they must have realized it was $25.00 BV and didn't want to give it to me for $4.50.

They refunded my money and told me to keep the card, but im so mad because its a hard card to find so I thought I was getting a deal...chalk one more horrible story up!

Looked at the auction. How can anyone have a typo of #15/50?? They must have gotten it from somewhere.

That sort of happened to me with a Barry Bonds card. I thought that I was bidding on a mirror refractor $200.00 or close to it. I only got the refractor. Big difference. Got my money back and kept the card. Some mistake.:rolleyes:

Yanks21

5.00 star(s)
Sorry to hear. It has been a very long time since I had a problem myself until yesterday. I hit a BIN on an error card. A wrong back card with a Yankee on back. $1.00 plus $2.00 shipping. I collect these errors and never saw this one. Well I hit it and paid right away. I get this response.

Hi - Sorry - when we pulled the card for shipping, the card had gotten creased and the corner had been damaged. so, we are refunding your money. Sorry again, Paul

It is not at all a tragedy but it makes me wonder how many of these cards were out there.

Last edited:

ArodYanksFan

5.00 star(s)
Sorry to hear. It has been a very long time since I had a problem myself until yesterday. I hit a BIN on an error card. A wrong back card with a Yankee on back. $1.00 plus $2.00 shipping. I collect these errors and never saw this one. Well I hit it and paid right away. I get this response.

Hi - Sorry - when we pulled the card for shipping, the card had gotten creased and the corner had been damaged. so, we are refunding your money. Sorry again, Paul

It is not at all a tragedy but it makes me wonder how many of these cards were out there.

I'm not a huge fan of the Buy it now option on ebay. The reason I say that is because if a seller lists the card at a price, then someone buys it fast, I get this feeling that they start to wonder if the card is worth more than it sold for. So they lie about its condition or not having it. Like mine- they have a picture of the right card, so how is it possible they send me the regular version???

mlbme22

5.00 star(s)
You should leave negative feedback- they obviously have the card because it is pictured in the auction, not to mention the auction title says exactly what it is #'d to!
They have 100% feedback and if they run business like that then it is time for a negative.

ragtop12

5.00 star(s)
I would take screen caps of the page so you have it saved for when the 60 days expire, then you can show ebay those pictures. Screen caps can be done by holding ALT and hitting PrtScr (print Screen) and then pasting it into a picture editor or Microsoft Word or something like that

ArodYanksFan

5.00 star(s)
I would take screen caps of the page so you have it saved for when the 60 days expire, then you can show ebay those pictures. Screen caps can be done by holding ALT and hitting PrtScr (print Screen) and then pasting it into a picture editor or Microsoft Word or something like that

Thanks for the tip I just did it. I left the person a Neutral not a Negative. Although I should have....

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
I know that seller. She is an old woman who owns a uniform shop in a run down strip mall off the beaten path in Bremerton, WA. I am not even sure how I found her, unless she was in the yellow pages. I used to shop in her "store" when I lived in the area. The store was a couple of display cases in the uniform shop. I was able to find some really nice deals at times, but often her stuff was overpriced. This was in the mid 90s and she seemed minimally knowledgeable about the business at the time.

I want to say she had a son, Ron, that was active in the card business at the same time. I would see him in there from time to time and she even had some of his stuff on consignment. Maybe he is now actually running the show under the business name. He was always seen as shifty, but the woman was nice to deal with. I have not been there in probably 10 years or more now. I wonder if it is the same set-up.

I'll say this...for a horror story, it didn't turn out too bad. You got your money back AND got to keep the card. It wasn't the card you wanted, but at least you got your money back as well and you have a card you didn't buy that you can keep or trade towards something you want. Not too bad. Most don't even get that when they are dealing with horrible sellers.