Another fun weekend at PNC Park

Shepherd

5.00 star(s)
Hello all:

On Friday Night, my son and I went down to watch the Pirates play the Cards. We went early and got Colby Rasmus' auto on a ball during BP.

The Pirate wives were doing a grab bag to raise money for the Childrens Burn Unit at a local hospital. For $50, you could pick a bag with an autographed baseball inside. They had Pirates and also players from other teams. My son's birthday is coming up so I asked him if he wanted to try one. He did and proceeded to pull the best ball in the lot, Albert Pujols.

This got everyone around pretty excited and he kept bringing people over and got a bunch to buy. They all talked about how lucky he was and wanted him to pick their bag. He pulled a bag for a Pirate fan and she pulled the Andrew McCutcheon Ball. He picked another bag for a guy and he pulled a Pedro Martinez Ball. He was having a great time!

We watched the game (and Albert Pujols just crush the bucs-side note: Albert Pujols has the highest batting average against the Pirates than any player has had against another team since Ted Williams against, I believe, the Orioles).

After the game, we stood outside and waited for the Pirates to come out. Ross Ohlendorf signed a ball and then Andrew McCutcheon came out and signed a ball as well.

Today, my wife and I went down and saw a game. We waited after and got Matt Capps and Jesse Chavez on baseballs and a bunch of other players on our tickets.

All in all, a pretty good weekend!

Shep

pltcards

5.00 star(s)
Shep, what a great weekend for you and your family. It is great to hear a Pirate fan say good things. There are some really good young players in the Pirate future it looks llike. Congrats to your son. What a great ball to get. Thanks for the upbeat story. Pat

waterboy12386

5.00 star(s)
Pretty good weekend? More like awesome weekend! Congrats to you and your for that awesome Pujols ball. Congrats on the other autos too.