Another Post Office Horror Story

basebal1fan

5.00 star(s)
This is by far the worst experience I've ever had with the PO. I was expecting a package at my PO box and I went to pick it up after the DC said it was delivered. I look in my box and it's not there. I figured that must have been delayed a little, so I went to the PO again the day before and today (it's open today for X-Mas mailing). I talked to the lady at the counter and she gave the typical Post office employee response saying that since there wasn't any insurance that there was nothing she could do. THey put it in the wrong box, someone took it, and didn't return it. That's just great. :mad: :mad:

JamesNevans

5.00 star(s)
I'm always wary if there is a relief delivery guy as my address is 18 Oceanfront Ct and the guy that lives at 18 Waterfront Ct is named Neal Evans. Not so much the last name similar but that when his first name initial is used it IS my last name.

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I found a post office that I like and I go there and only there. The ones located in Sturbridge, MA are horrible. Both times I went there I got the feeling that I was such a hassle to the guy behind the counter. I really wanted to ask him why I couldn't be treated the same way as the lady in front of me was. The post office in Southbridge, MA is great and that is the only one I go to now. It is kind of out of the way but it is worth it to get treated like a human being.

mindbinge

5.00 star(s)
I know what you mean man...I had a Bradshaw xx/49 auto (luckilyt I already have a few of them) that shows as being delivered and I never received it...must have been put in the wrong box. I sent the seller an email just asiking if it was sent, he sent back the delivery conf# and I checked it...sure enough sent the day after purchase and delivered 3 days later...that was about two weeks ago...so I just left the seller positive feedback and wrote it off...not his fault. Sucks for me though.

indigo27

5.00 star(s)
Thankfully, I've been spared major issues by the USPS (knocks on wood).

UPS on the other hand, has never been nothing but a gigantic nuisance. I've had packages left when they shouldn't have been, packages NOT left when they should've been, late deliveries, horrible employees, and everything you could possibly hate in a parcel delivery service. UPS' most common annoyance is sending packages every which way AWAY from me when they could've easily made it early. But instead, I frequently find packages redirected and rescheduled, for no apparent reason. Interestingly, these redirects and reschedules seem to coincide with their 2-day and 5-day shipping schedules.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Had two major problems this year....one a shippment of gu and auto of about 114 cards was delivered to blowout cards inc.....they claimed it was never recevied.....Luckly I paid insurance on it and filed a claim with the USPO and finally got my money back.....Two was a 2008 ud heroes patch and auto of Ken Griffey Jr. serial to #25........it was crusted by the USPO when they ran the bubble envelope thru the machine....seller had insurance on it but...forgot to write across the bubble envelope...do not bend or do not use machine!! Got a refund of the cost....But rather have the card then the money. Best regards, David

cdahlk2001

5.00 star(s)
my fav at the po is when someone sends a photo in a FLIMSY envalope...just asking to be crushed and bent....as far as DC#s they do fall off....i always put tape across the DC cuz they do come off....also i was tossing parcels today (yes on sunday) and yes tossing, we dont go a set each parcel down on a blanket of cloads....anywho i saw 4 topps NPNs so be on the look out.

Brads55

5.00 star(s)
Spicoli Claus resolved this issue. Keep your eyes peeled on your home mailing address as I won't have the package sent back to that problematic Post Office box of yours, lol. I was able to get the special gift re-done. ;)

abncal

5.00 star(s)
....also i was tossing parcels today (yes on sunday) and yes tossing, we dont go a set each parcel down on a blanket of cloads....

*gasp*!!!! you mean to tell me that each piece of my mail is not treated as royalty as it glides gracefully through the postal system :p