Any Artie Lange fans out there?

dankir96

4.90 star(s)
For those of you that aren't or have no idea who he is, he is a regular on Howard Stern's SiriusXM radio show. Well he's been off the show since early December and he was rushed to the hospital this weekend for undisclosed reasons. Well the reasons have been published. He stabbed himself 9 times in an apparent suicide!

He certainly has his issues, but he's great on the show. I'm currently reading his book and it's very good. Hopefully he will make a full recovery and be back on the show some day.

worldwideed

5.00 star(s)
I know him best from 'MADTv' and 'The Norm Show' and many probably remember his performance as the fake santa in Elf that gets into a fight with buddy. Funny stuff.

I wish him well and knew he was/has had trouble with substance abuse. Hopefully he gets the help he need both physically and mentally.

loftheb

5.00 star(s)
As an O&A fan, and not a regular Stern listener, you can tell Lange has universal respect through the comedy community. His "issues" are pretty public. Let's hope that this is rock bottom, and that he makes a full recovery and gets back with the funny.
-Casey

Myerburg311

4.90 star(s)
He's been at rock bottom a few times if you ever read his book.. I read his book and it was great! I hope he can one day be able to do comedy without self destructing everytime he turns around

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
I love the guy! I think he is hilarious! The movie Beer League is awesome! I still haven't read his book yet...

Thanks
Craig

Myerburg311

4.90 star(s)
And you guys should definitely see Beer League! It's hillarious.. Me and my friends act just like them except we play wiffle ball and not softball lol.. I also like Dirty Work but it's hard to find and more of a cult classic.. But he got his Baby Gorilla nickname in there.. And he was in Elf as the Santa in the Dept. store..

DaNotoriousNIC

4.90 star(s)
taking it he must be back to abusing once again, he's a hilarious guy and i still can't believe listening to his on air flip out his last day...hopefully The Notorious A.R.T. (if you don't know what I'm talking about go youtube artie lange rapping or something to that effect) recovers and finally straightens things out

Myerburg311

4.90 star(s)
taking it he must be back to abusing once again, he's a hilarious guy and i still can't believe listening to his on air flip out his last day...hopefully The Notorious A.R.T. (if you don't know what I'm talking about go youtube artie lange rapping or something to that effect) recovers and finally straightens things out

He's been abusing for quite a while.. He stopped for a little while but the life got the better of him again.. I know over the summer he was arrested in Ocean County for DUI.. He's one of those guys that can just never get over their addictions and lets them get the best of him

DaNotoriousNIC

4.90 star(s)
yup, I heard he had gotten off the hard stuff since leaving the show but hearing this it kinda makes me doubt it unless withdrawls had something to do with it

Myerburg311

4.90 star(s)
No, this is just Artie self destructing like he does.. he has actually tried to or atleast thought about committing suicide in the past also..

dankir96

4.90 star(s)
First let me say that I am an Artie Lange fan. When I first heard about his attempted suicide, I felt bad. Well I have changed my mind. I just finished reading his book "Too Fat To Fish" and this guy has had so many chances to get his life straight. To me, he's looking for people to pity him instead of being a man and getting his life together.

I know people will say that I can't speak like that because I have not lived his life. This is true, I haven't lived his life. But i've lived mine and mine has some similarities.

Without boring anyon or going into great detail, here's how Artie and I are similar...

I had a substance abuse problem at one time. My life was a mess and I needed help. I finally got myself into a rehab and got my act together. Shortly after I got out of rehab, my mother was diagnosed with brain cancer. She died 6 months later. I stayed sober when I had every excuse not to.

Fast forward to today. I have been clean and sober for almost 12 years. I have been married for almost 14 years and I have two awesome sons. So it can be done.

I'm still a fan of Artie's, but it's time he became a man and took control of his life.