Any Dark Shadows Collectors Out There ? Did I Hit The "Jackpot" ?

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
Got a call a little while ago from my father. He's doing some serious downsizing and since I sell all kinds of stuff on ebay he's been giving me stuff to sell if I think it has any value. Tonight he says he has this little music box (in original cardboard box) from dark shadows and if i want it he'll set it on "my" table and i can pick it up with some other things when I get a chance.

I do some quick searching and find ONE of them in ebay's completed auctions that sold for $119 dlvd and that was for a 1996 replica. The one he has is the original 1970 model ! I do a quick google search and find this article http://www.widowshill.com/story/And_The_Answer_Is_6074.asp which says the 1970 is worth 250-$500 BUT they also say the 1996 replica is worth 40-$60. Since the replica on ebay got $119 I got all tingly and wonder what the value of the 1970 original is. $500? $750? $1,000?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
I'm going to bet you have found out more info already than anyone else is going to be able to provide here:) If it's mint, and since you still have the box, I would expect a premium return on it.

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
I'm going to bet you have found out more info already than anyone else is going to be able to provide here:) If it's mint, and since you still have the box, I would expect a premium return on it.

Yep, did some more research and it appears to be very rare. WOOOHOOO !!! One site had previous sales listed (no $$ amount without becoming a member) and of the 8 they showed only two had the original cardboard box.

If I can get my lazy butt in gear and take a few pics it'll be going up on ebay tonight. My father said if someone offers $500 TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN.